Old 07-07-2006, 01:52 PM

Default Re: very angry note on my car

hahahaha
Old 07-07-2006, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Leave the following note on the jeep:

[/ QUOTE ]

They do in the NYC metro area. Off-street parking spots are often deeded with an apartment, if you rent an apt with a space you pay more.

If your apartment doesn't have a space, you have to rent one from a garage. Via Bloomberg:
[ QUOTE ]
Garages below 70th Street on the West Side run $250 to $350 a month plus 18 3/8 percent tax, Petraro says. Above 70th Street, rates rise to at least $350 a month plus tax. On the East Side, rates run $250 to $295 a month below 70th Street, and $295 to $400 above 70th Street, he says.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what the rates in Hoboken are, but I'd be pretty pissed if someone took a space I was paying for.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:04 PM

note,

no one took this guy's spot. someone made it slightly more difficult for him to get out of his parking space.

citanul
Old 07-07-2006, 02:07 PM

Get your parking spot fixed so that your problems stop becoming other people's problems.

Expect pissed off notes to be left on your car you park in a non-spot, especially if it obstruct someone, even if you do not completely block them in.

You're right though. He should not have left the note. He probably should have just had your car towed and left it at that.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:08 PM

After reading the responses, I hate to say that no one has figured out the best method of retaliation yet. Which is quite simple. You wait until the Jeep is parked in it's spot and simply deflate the tires. It isn't hard to jury rig up a device to screw onto the stem that will let the air out. You simply screw them on and walk away, after about 20 minutes or so return and replace the stem caps and leave a note on the windshield, "Black Jeep, My apologies for blocking you in the other day. The spot is all yours. - Silver Camry"
Old 07-07-2006, 02:09 PM

Is it possible to run some kind of pipe from your spot to the douchebag's spot so that his spot gets flooded instead?
Old 07-07-2006, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
note,

no one took this guy's spot. someone made it slightly more difficult for him to get out of his parking space.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he didn't but he apparently made it a bitch for the other guy to get in and out of his spot (the guy probably wouldn't have bothered with the note if it had no impact on him).

If I had to waste a few minutes manuevering my car to get out of my spot because somebody decided to park whereever he wanted, I'd be pretty pissed.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:12 PM

OP:

Stalk the guy. Find out where he goes to hang out, if his family is in town, where his friends live, his girlfriend, etc.

Kill his friends. Kill his girl. Kill his family.

Take a momento from each kill and place it in his condo. (by this point you've already been inside and made a duplicate of his keys, right?) When he goes to jail for multiple murders, take his spot.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for clarifying the race demographic. Can't believe a white person would do something like that! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only a white person would do something like that.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You're right though. He should not have left the note. He probably should have just had your car towed and left it at that.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is why Mr. Jeep is a douchebag. Why get mad and write a tough guy note? Just solve the problem.