Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2006, 11:32 AM

Default Re: *** OFFICIAL Borgata Opening Weekend Thread ***

My full report is forthcoming but this post above me is accurate. The addition is tremendous. $5 table games rule!
Old 07-03-2006, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My full report is forthcoming but this post above me is accurate. The addition is tremendous. $5 table games rule!

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe the governor is doing the Borgata management a favor tomorrow. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] The free time will let them iron out the problems
Old 07-03-2006, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will be wearing a blue "I love duran duran" visor with a broken brim. I'll also be at the allman bros. show wherever.

Should be around late friday and most of the day saturday. Remind me not to take my ambien if I am drinking and vice versa.

[/ QUOTE ]

we met, briefly. for some reason i figured you would be a 2p2er, because only we would wear something like that.

we were called briefly (maybe 4ish?) to start a new 6/12 table. i was wearing a germany jersey and was there with a friend wearing an orioles hat. you made some jokes with the dealer, then got called to another table and likely went and pwned.

anyway, good to meet you! even if i didn't know it at the time.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

New location is quite a walk from the parking garage. No big deal tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

Surface parking is the nuts, entrance is about 50 ft. from poker room.

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot to add a 'you da man' for this tip bishop. The only problem I had was figuring out exactly how to get out of the lot. I ended up following a jitney and found the little teeny tiny booth in the far corner of the lot.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

New location is quite a walk from the parking garage. No big deal tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

Surface parking is the nuts, entrance is about 50 ft. from poker room.

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot to add a 'you da man' for this tip bishop. The only problem I had was figuring out exactly how to get out of the lot. I ended up following a jitney and found the little teeny tiny booth in the far corner of the lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

For those who haven't gone yet, surface parking exit is back, and to the right...back, and to the right...back, and to the right.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:12 PM

is this surface parking easy/obvious to find?

(going soon and never been before)
Old 07-03-2006, 01:17 PM

Yes, as your approaching the entrance to the Borgata, you'll see the large road signs with arrows directing you to either garage/valet parking or surface lot. Ya cant miss it. Anybody poke thier head in the horse race simulcast room? I did not see it in operation but it looks very classy.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody poke thier head in the horse race simulcast room? I did not see it in operation but it looks very classy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easily the best racebook in the city and on par with all but the top 2 or 3 in vegas. Around 100 seats with premium LCD TVs at each spot and plenty of autototes, I was very disappointed to find out that smoking was permitted but the high ceilings and ventilation meant that the air was still good, not sure if it would be the same during peak times.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will be wearing a blue "I love duran duran" visor with a broken brim. I'll also be at the allman bros. show wherever.

Should be around late friday and most of the day saturday. Remind me not to take my ambien if I am drinking and vice versa.

[/ QUOTE ]

we met, briefly. for some reason i figured you would be a 2p2er, because only we would wear something like that.

we were called briefly (maybe 4ish?) to start a new 6/12 table. i was wearing a germany jersey and was there with a friend wearing an orioles hat. you made some jokes with the dealer, then got called to another table and likely went and pwned.

anyway, good to meet you! even if i didn't know it at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same to you! I think I joked to your friend about playing heads-up. It was almost ten minutes after the table had been called when I left. Had there been more than three of us I would have stuck around. But I am a big shorthanded nit. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Maybe some day we can actually play a hand together. I will keep an eye out for any AC gettogethers this fall/winter.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, as your approaching the entrance to the Borgata, you'll see the large road signs with arrows directing you to either garage/valet parking or surface lot. Ya cant miss it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was planning on hitting the garage (instead of letting the car sit in the sun all morning/afternoon as it has no A/C) but when I saw the "SURFACE PARKING" on the big green sign that directs you to the Borg off the connector expressway I remembered reading Bishop's post and hit it up. You absolutely can't miss it, unless you autopilot into the garage or valet without looking up. I can see it filling up quickly once it becomes well known and during high traffic times.

To get out, go towards the gate where you entered, turn left until you hit the back wall, then follow it right.