Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2006, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Why do people play at party rather than stars?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Without mention fish and rakeback ... why do people play on party?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I'll bite, troll-boy.

Without mention(sic) dancers and alcohol ... why do people go to strip clubs?

Pretty neat trolling effort; eliminate the main draws so you can cleaverly attack the half-ass other reasons people give. Or you can chastise them for violating YOUR rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you're a complete [censored]. After I respond to you, I'm ignoring your stupid ass.

I eliminated those two reasons because if you take away the 2 (or should I mention 1), Stars is a FAR better site.

[/ QUOTE ]

no it is not. You replied to my first response and it seems you had trouble understanding it.

Party is a better site to make money at.(because of fish and several other reasons) That was the main topic sentence of my first post not the argument. As for the things I listed I will go through each one and explain it.

Party has a better interface. Sure that's an opinion. So is brad pitt is hotter then John Ashcroft.

It deals hands faster, yes really! This means more hands per hour which means more money won per hour by winning players.

It has better table selection. This has nothing to do with fish. It means if I want to play omaha hi/lo at 2/4 limit, I will have more choices of tables then I would at Stars. This means more money for better players that practice good table selection.

It has more promotions. Stars promos for the year are probably in the 100's, while party promos for the year are in the 1000s. This means more money for the serious players.

IMO it has better anti cheating policy. This is a whole thread in itself though. EVERY site has bots

It has better affiliate deals. This has nothing to do with rakeback. It means Party affiliates work harder to bring in new players and new money. This leads to the previous topics already mentioned(not including more fish)

It has better multi-tabling software = more money for serious players

Party has a much bigger player base. Yes really
Old 06-16-2006, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like to chat and to play ...not possible on stars..software sucks in this matter extreme

I got 2 K Bonus this year Stars nearly nothing

PL games are not available on Stars

Games on Stars during my playing time are boring

I dont like average Potzize 1 BB [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

So the main question is, how do we transfer the people on party solely, to play on stars?
Old 06-16-2006, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I must say, this thread is really dumb.

OK, were it not for fish and unmentionable (which I don't get anyway because no one will PM me *sniff*), then we would all play at stars. The problem is, THOSE ARE ABOUT THE TWO BIGGEST CONSIDERATIONS! What purpose does it serve to leave them out of the discussion?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, Unless I'm mistaken, but doesn't stars have something equivelent to rakeback? Plus the rake at stars is lower than the rake at party.

So basically, the main argument is "fish",

[/ QUOTE ]

The rake at stars is not any lower for NL. Just for limit. Doesnt help a NL player like me.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:08 PM

and from the 39 K on stars 30 K play 1 / 2 cent and freerolls [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. PL games at sample Stars is number 6 or 7 in the industry, tourneys they are leading.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty neat trolling effort; eliminate the main draws so you can cleaverly attack the half-ass other reasons people give. Or you can chastise them for violating YOUR rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you're a complete [censored]. After I respond to you, I'm ignoring your stupid ass.

I eliminated those two reasons because if you take away the 2 (or should I mention 1), Stars is a FAR better site.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's like saying "without mentioning price, tell me why anybody would buy a Ford over a Lexus" or "without mentioning attractiveness or profession, tell me why more people spank to Asia Carerra than to Janet Reno."

His point is that those ARE the reasons to play at Party. Nobody here debates that if you take away all the reasons to play at party, there are no reasons to play at party.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:19 PM

I play at Stars because of the big party they throw every month for selected players, with lots of Hollywood starlets and Victoria's Secrets models. Makes parties at the Playboy Mansion look like bingo at an old folks home.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well bonuses are basically drying up (roughly once a month, with sporadic bonuses here and there).

[/ QUOTE ]
I cleared $300 in bonuses last month and another $100 already this month?!?
Old 06-16-2006, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
because party is a better site to make money at.

[/ QUOTE ] I did mention without mentioning fish.

[ QUOTE ]
It has a better interface,

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you like sex, without mentioning a woman's beauty or the sensation of orgasm?

This is an opinion.

[ QUOTE ]
it deals hands faster

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? you have any facts behind that statement?

[ QUOTE ]
it has better table selection,

[/ QUOTE ]

again, you have ignored the first thing i said. Without mentioning fish.

[ QUOTE ]
it has better promotions,

[/ QUOTE ]

which are quickly drying up.

[ QUOTE ]
it has better cheater policy,

[/ QUOTE ]

really? show me how this is so. party currently has bots playing on it. you think this is fair?

[ QUOTE ]
it has better affiliate deals,

[/ QUOTE ]

again you mentioned what I did not want you people to mention.

[ QUOTE ]
it has better multi-tabling software.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars is working on that.

[ QUOTE ]

Party has a bigger player base and my guess is that most 2p2ers have a party account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?

Right now, Friday, 2:30 pm.

Party: 40091

Stars: 41041

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-16-2006, 04:23 PM

Simple answer ... I MAKE MORE MONEY ON PARTY.

Although this probably has something to do with the easy to clear bonuses at NL and all the fish.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's like saying "without mentioning price, tell me why anybody would buy a Ford over a Lexus" or "without mentioning attractiveness or profession, tell me why more people spank to Asia Carerra than to Janet Reno."

His point is that those ARE the reasons to play at Party. Nobody here debates that if you take away all the reasons to play at party, there are no reasons to play at party.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but your analogy is flawed since once people make more money they buy better products.

In my example, there is a way to bring an equilibrium between the two, and once stars offers all the things that party offers and more, people will leave party for stars.