Professional/White collar 242 45.15%
Blue collar 39 7.28%
Independently wealthy/Investment income 6 1.12%
Parents 33 6.16%
Government Benefits 8 1.49%
Other 14 2.61%
Voters: 536. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2006, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Bathroom attendants: tip or not?

I hate these f***ers. I never tip because it's pointless if you are merely using a paper towel. He didn't bring the damn towel.

The ONLY time I would and have tipped is if I really want a stick of gum (rare). If I want gum I'll grab a couple sticks and maybe some mints too. And I'll throw him a buck.

But I don't care about the awkwardness. I can assure you, without my tip, this jackass is still making a killing doing jack sh*t.

I actually got in an altercation with one of these guys once. Since then, I really don't care if they get upset.
Old 05-19-2006, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I actually got in an altercation with one of these guys once. Since then, I really don't care if they get upset.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, who havent you pissed off? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Is it worthy of a trip report?
Old 05-19-2006, 04:12 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 05-19-2006, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really think the chances of serious disease are painfully low. Of course, I have no research or facts to back this up. What I do know is that most of these serious diseases are caused by literally ingesting good amounts of these harmful bacteria. Plus, if i wash my hands, i'll miss my big blind. And, i'll be touching the chips again in 29 seconds anyway. Why not wear gloves around? Live in a bubble? I have to draw the line somewhere, and that point is poop on hands = washing hands. I only shower every day because:
1 - Habit
2 - Don't want to smell bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

The available choices are not limited to the two extremes of living in a sanitary bubble or being a completely unsanitary pig.

You can always post your blind behind the button or "buy the button" if your cardroom allows that. It's basically a toss-up anyway, EV-wise, compared to playing your blinds in usual position.

You probably have never looked at microbes under a microscope or taken a course with that sort of focus as it relates to disease, so I won't suggest you do so now.

Next time you get the flu, though, just remember you might not have gotten it and wouldn't be feeling so miserably sick, if you had merely washed your hands a few times during each day. Often, people get the flu by touching their eyes or nose or mouth, or eating with unwashed hands, simply because their hands have gotten flu virus on them. A person doesn't have to cough in your face in order for you to be exposed to the flu--you can in effect give the flu to yourself (and expose others) by not washing your hands.

People in hospitals get very sick sometimes with diseases other than what they went in for--they caught these diseases or infections while inside the hospital. One such infection is the dread "flesh-eating bacteria" which can cause a person to lose a limb or even their life. Incidents of patients contracting this infection and other diseases inside the hospital dropped sharply when the hospital started requiring nurses to wash their hands far more often than they normally did. This was within the last few years; sorry I didn't save the article.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, who havent you pissed off? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Is it worthy of a trip report?

[/ QUOTE ]

I already posted the story in another thread about a month ago. I have no idea which one. If I dig it up for you I'll PM you the link. It's a pretty good story, but not good enough for me to re-type it.

Does that piss you off? That I won't re-type it?? If so, good. If not, then F*** YOU ALOBAR.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I already posted the story in another thread about a month ago. I have no idea which one. If I dig it up for you I'll PM you the link. It's a pretty good story, but not good enough for me to re-type it.

Does that piss you off? That I won't re-type it?? If so, good. If not, then F*** YOU ALOBAR.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you alright? The progression of this post seems to start out gentle and turn into anger. Are you bi-polar?
Old 05-19-2006, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you alright? The progression of this post seems to start out gentle and turn into anger. Are you bi-polar?

[/ QUOTE ]

Look up, because this just went way over your head, TDarko.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:36 PM

prohorn,

Umm, no it didn't. So are you bi-polar? I am not asking to be mean, you said it yourself you piss people off and I have yet to know a person with this affliction that doesn't piss people off.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
prohorn,

Umm, no it didn't. So are you bi-polar? I am not asking to be mean, you said it yourself you piss people off and I have yet to know a person with this affliction that doesn't piss people off.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was just a joke. I was under the pretext that I hadn't ever pissed Alobar off to date, so, deliberately, at the end of my post, I told him to eff off or whatever.

With that said, yeah, I am bi-polar.

I kid.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:46 PM

The poor dudes work in a freaking bathroom smelling coke-shts all night long. Throw em a buck you cheap [censored].

In LA they're usually African immigrants. I try to guess what country they're from. It's fun. I'm guessing this means this job is beneath even recent Latin American immigrants.