Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 03:33 PM

Default Re: More Wynn Poker Classic info

[ QUOTE ]
A short while later, they announced that they were changing the payout on their own, despite the objections.

[/ QUOTE ]

They really did this? That is beyond f'ed! To announce, then put to a vote then say, f-you, we're doing it this way anyway, stinks to high heaven. I knew arrogance reigns supreme in that building but that is just sick.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I gave up some expectation

[/ QUOTE ]

Call the NGC Las Vegas office's Gaming Control Board at (702) 486-2000 or the Investigation Division at (702) 486-2260.

Seriously.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A short while later, they announced that they were changing the payout on their own, despite the objections.

[/ QUOTE ]

They really did this? That is beyond f'ed! To announce, then put to a vote then say, f-you, we're doing it this way anyway, stinks to high heaven. I knew arrogance reigns supreme in that building but that is just sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

The "vote" was kind of a joke too. They said "We're going to flatten the payout structure and give everyone some cash, unless anyone objects. Any objections? <no pause whatsoever> Good then, we'll do it." At this point several players loudly complained that they had in fact objected. The TD then announced that they would have to keep the payouts the same.

There was a pause of 10 minutes or so while they resolved the inevitable chip count issues and then before they dealt the first hand, they announced the change. I'm not going to sick the gaming commission on them, however.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:53 PM

http://www.wynnpoker.com/winners.cfm...t_month=2/2007

Has the payouts/winners posted up to Feb 26th, at the time of my posting here.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.wynnpoker.com/winners.cfm...t_month=2/2007

Has the payouts/winners posted up to Feb 26th, at the time of my posting here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interestingly, they only show payouts up to 63rd place in the $540 event. This is absolutely not what happened. 64-73 were paid $600 or so. The report on their website and on cardplayer is wrong. Curious.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:33 PM

My husband and I played in the event and finished 24th and 25th. They did do a "save" for 63rd to 72nd place but if they position it as a save it may not constitute the same thing.

I did think it was kind of wierd that they did a poll and initially said that since there were two people who didn't want the save that they would just pay 63 - then the TD came back and said he was excercising his right to make changes and that he wanted everyone who played the second day to get paid....it took all of 5 minutes to go from 72 to 63 players once they made that decision. What surprised me was that since there was 2 day one plays they didn't have to announce the payout and could have just decided that before they advertised on the second day what the payout was - it would have avoided the drama.

The tournament was great and we had a blast staying at the Wynn - their poker rate is very reasonable and the cash game (2-5 NL) was soft as @#$@#!! We had a $5,000 profit for the weekend...got to love that!
Old 03-01-2007, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The tournament was great and we had a blast staying at the Wynn - their poker rate is very reasonable and the cash game (2-5 NL) was soft as @#$@#!! We had a $5,000 profit for the weekend...got to love that!

[/ QUOTE ] Absolutely true. I had a great time too. +3k for the weekend. I wonder if we played together?
Old 03-01-2007, 10:45 PM

If you did, you would remember us probably - my husband is a big guy (6 ft. 4) and has a beard and wore a Broncos sweatshirt. I actually rented a red motorized wheelchair scooter as I have a broken pelvis...did you play the tourney? What place did you finish?

Dani
Old 03-01-2007, 10:54 PM

I played in the 1k NL event on sunday. I finished about 95 out of 170. Lost with flush over flush. I played 2/5 all night. I dont remember seeing you if you were in the chair. I did see an older couple that had one though.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:14 PM

Nice.