Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 12:26 AM

Default Re: Is your vagina a graveyard for animals?

How do you become the guy spearheading this movement? If I looked at my schedule and saw it consisted of interviews with news stations about my vegansexuality and awareness rallies I would be really upset with my life.

Also, I don't have nearly enough sex to start limiting the field. Maybe these guys are just huge pimps out for a challenge.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:28 AM

These same vegans are breathing air containing particles which came from dead animals.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think they are basing this preference on the belief that their dna changes based on diet. If you believed that meat was a disgusting thing to eat, and felt that your partner's breath smelled like meat, their sweat tasted like meat, their body emanated death, you wouldn't want to sleep with the person either.

Easier to just mock though, I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, nobody owns a cat.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha!
Old 08-08-2007, 02:01 AM

Old 08-08-2007, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually this makes a lot of sense. It's like being with a smoker when you don't smoke, or a drunk when you don't drink.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo. Christians typically marry (and therefore have sex with) Christians, Muslims typically marry Muslims. In this case, the main message is that these Vegans only want to be physically intimate with other Vegans.

It's just that a lot of people on this forum have a negative stereotype of Vegans and are using this opportunity to mock them.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vegan =/= Vegetarian.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Actually this makes a lot of sense. It's like being with a smoker when you don't smoke, or a drunk when you don't drink.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo. Christians typically marry (and therefore have sex with) Christians, Muslims typically marry Muslims. In this case, the main message is that these Vegans only want to be physically intimate with other Vegans.

It's just that a lot of people on this forum have a negative stereotype of Vegans and are using this opportunity to mock them.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but they make themselves mockable.

I have heard that some Asians say Americans and Europeans are identifiable by the stench they give off from eating cheese.

Yet not every American/European eats cheese, and not all of them eat that much of it. Additionally, this kind of thing passes through the digestive system fairly quickly. And what is the evidence that cheese is detectable by scent? I have yet to hear it. What I do understand is human prejudice. And I'd bet that's what's at work here. Especially when I hear Koreans say that garlic stench is minimal or that you get used to it quickly.

Is it even close to true that vegans can smell that people eat meat? I've heard it claimed. But I doubt it very much.

I can smell certain very highly spiced things coming out in people, like garlic and sausage. But chicken? Hell no. Fish? Nope. Not even beef. Frankly I think vegans saying they can smell it is total bullsh*t. And this is coming from someone who thinks being a vegetarian is probably by far the healthiest lifestyle, if done right.

It's vegan hubris and baloney that is ripe for mockery, and justifiably being mocked. Vegans think sperm and pussy juice and spit are "animal-tainted" because someone eats meat? Give me a break. Those things are made whether one eats animals or not, and you're not getting any pork or whatever in it.

I defy any vegan to sniff out a vegetarian, or vegetarian to sniff out a meat-eater, unless they are eating food that is highly spiced.

And when it comes to highly spiced stinks, I can refer you to Indians, many of whom are vegetarians and eat extremely stinky food(and do not have a reputation for smelling very good, to boot).
Old 08-08-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is anecdotal, but my vegan roommate in college would only try to hang out with other vegans. Basically his thought seemed to be 'if they eat meat, they just won't get me', or worse, 'if they eat meat, they're not worth my time'.

This sort of thing is prevalent in any community with strong beliefs, but it's still close-minded foolishness.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Stereotype" ?

Vegans aren't an ethnic group or people from a foreign country, they are people who consciously choose a certain lifestyle.

As far as I can tell, vegans become vegans for one of two main reasons, or both:

1. Being a vegan is healthier than not.

2. Being a vegan reduces cruelty toward/death of animals, based on some concept of "animal rights."

Well, #1 is demonstrably false, and #2 is arguably false and definitely stupid, because animals don't have "rights" and anyone who thinks they do deserves to be mocked.

And the "stereotype" is that vegans tend to have a healthy serving of self-superiority and condescension about their lifestyle choice. And since their lifestyle choice is dumb, that also deserves to be mocked.

So I will mock away.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:20 PM

Drew,

I suggest you post these compelling and well-defended arguments on the PETA website. My prediction is that the site owners will read them and shut the entire thing down.