Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Re: So I\'m going to Prison for 2 years

[ QUOTE ]
2.5 years seems excessive for DUI. I had to do 28 days for driving continuously driving while under suspension and I was looking at 3 months last year until I negotiated a deal. To be honest if I had gotten the 3 months I would have avoided it by moving (running seems extensive no one chases you over a traffic violation).

The first 24 hours is the worst part of it. After that just keep your head down and you should be fine. Still 2.5 years is [censored]. I'd run in your situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

it seems light considering hes
Underage
and its his third one
2 were aggro
hes been to the "tents" before

you're heading in the right direction champ. While you are in prison I would learn the art of making a shank, find a gang affiliation and get a prison tat.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:57 PM

My suggestion is to use the time wisely. Learn a foreign language, study something which may lead to a career when you're released, etc.

My cousin did 4 years for robbery. He was the biggest idiot I've ever met in my life (among other things, he broke into relatives' homes during holidays when he knew they were all over at Grandma's house or wherever).

Anyway he started studying biology and physiology and really got into it. Got out, got into nursing school, and after graduating got a very good job. Since then he's continued his education and works in a pediatric dept.

He says prison saved his life. He also said that it's easy to get caught up in the routine and mentally veg out and waste month after month.

Turn this into an opportunity. Everyone makes mistakes, but not everyone can overcome them.

Good luck to you.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:17 PM

I'm a former correctional officer and can tell you that every prison is different. If you'll be doing time at a prison that holds DUI offenders exclusively then it seems like you don't have too much to worry about. You won't be surrounded by too many of those thug culture idiots.

As TwoOuter advised, take advantage of any college degree/vocational programs that may be available. Do the time, don't let the time do you. Work on improving your mind and body while you're in there.

I doubt you'll get in a bunch of fights or fight off rapists considering the type of felons you'll be doing time with. Be very careful with your personal info. Don't tell anyone, anything about the specifics of your personal life(names, livlihoods and locations of relatives, etc.)

Find out about Commissary policies and ask a relative to keep your account balance topped off.

That's about all that comes to mind right now. Take care.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:15 PM

I never understood the vehement anti drunk driving rants, people acting like it's one of the more horrible acts a person can commit

Of course it is reckless and irresponsibile, but to get worked up to the point where you wish someone excessive jail time, to feel the anger and disgust you feel towards those who rape and kill just seems bizarre to me. Unless, of course, you lost someone to it.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never understood the vehement anti drunk driving rants, people acting like it's one of the more horrible acts a person can commit

Of course it is reckless and irresponsibile, but to get worked up to the point where you wish someone excessive jail time, to feel the anger and disgust you feel towards those who rape and kill just seems bizarre to me. Unless, of course, you lost someone to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is that is a very easily avoided crime. Don't [censored] drive while drunk, its not hard. It's not a crime of passion, or being in the wrong spot at the wrong time. Its a crime of putting everyone else's life in danger so you don't have to call a cab or spend the night in a hotel. The fact that drunk driving is so easily preventable and that it can cause so much damage is what bothers ppl the most
Old 11-24-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is that is a very easily avoided crime. Don't [censored] drive while drunk, its not hard. It's not a crime of passion, or being in the wrong spot at the wrong time. Its a crime of putting everyone else's life in danger so you don't have to call a cab or spend the night in a hotel. The fact that drunk driving is so easily preventable and that it can cause so much damage is what bothers ppl the most

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said.

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't easily avoided when I've been drinking for 6+ hours and I'm hungry. There's no decision. I'm driving.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said.

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't easily avoided when I've been drinking for 6+ hours and I'm hungry. There's no decision. I'm driving.

[/ QUOTE ]

*** You are ignoring this user ***
Old 11-24-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, itīs not "well said". OP didnīt intend to endanger people, in fact he was honestly believing that he would never drive drunk again after the first incident, and yet he was not able to prevent it from happening again. He isnīt even able to remember that the incident heīs convicted for even took place, so while it may have been "possible" for him to prevent it by not getting drunk in the first place, for some people doing so is far from "easy".
Old 11-24-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, itīs not "well said". OP didnīt intend to endanger people, in fact he was honestly believing that he would never drive drunk again after the first incident, and yet he was not able to prevent it from happening again. He isnīt even able to remember that the incident heīs convicted for even took place, so while it may have been "possible" for him to prevent it by not getting drunk in the first place, for some people doing so is far from "easy".

[/ QUOTE ]

wait, so people aren't responsible for their actions while drunk? because this seems to be the assumption in your argument.