Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 04:31 AM

Default Post deleted by Ryan Beal

Old 08-05-2007, 10:03 AM

Default Re: Need Some Actual Advice Here

[ QUOTE ]
play the great skilled card-game of spades online for real cash, usa players are allowed, you can deposit and withdrawl using paypal or visa/mastercard, if you love spades you need 2 checkout: SUPERlORSPADES.COM

[/ QUOTE ]
great idea but I sent you a PM with mine
Old 08-05-2007, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This was all extremely upsetting becaue as a young kid I had visions of getting rich quick and helping my family out

[/ QUOTE ]

This is your downfall, think of the longrun if you do continue to play. Otherwise just start working.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:16 PM

Jeffrey,
I can't believe someone with your admitted lack of experience, bankroll management, or emotional control would put up 25+ posts in the lilholdem thread posting HH after HH of how badly he "sucks".

And because I sympathize with your situation, I honestly reccomend you get a small part-time job, NOT directly to put every last dime onto a poker site, but for the activity. This way you don't feel the guilt of always having to ask your parents for money.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jeffrey,
I can't believe someone with your admitted lack of experience, bankroll management, or emotional control would put up 25+ posts in the lilholdem thread posting HH after HH of how badly he "sucks".

And because I sympathize with your situation, I honestly reccomend you get a small part-time job, NOT directly to put every last dime onto a poker site, but for the activity. This way you don't feel the guilt of always having to ask your parents for money.

[/ QUOTE ]

When did I say I ever ask them for money?
Old 08-06-2007, 09:26 PM

this kid reminds me of vegasnick except he write with paragraphs
Old 08-06-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
My mistake, I thought you were expressing remorse for losing because it was their money. I now realize you are funding these accounts, but with your parents credit card obviously.

At your age, balance is the key. If you devote all your time to gambling, regardless of if you make money or not, you are going to miss out. Don't turn into one of these college kids who never sees the light of day, or never experiences all the slutty girls around him.

Get a part-time job for a few weeks if you haven't got one already. Save money. Invest some into poker, some into savings. When you lose, and no matter how good you become, trust me you will lose, do not replenish your roll from the savings portion. If within three years you have not turned things around, and you are still struggling even with sound bankroll management, forget about poker and make the most out of college.

Good luck.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
My mistake, I thought you were expressing remorse for losing because it was their money. I now realize you are funding these accounts, but with your parents credit card obviously.

At your age, balance is the key. If you devote all your time to gambling, regardless of if you make money or not, you are going to miss out. Don't turn into one of these college kids who never sees the light of day, or never experiences all the slutty girls around him.

Get a part-time job for a few weeks if you haven't got one already. Save money. Invest some into poker, some into savings. When you lose, and no matter how good you become, trust me you will lose, do not replenish your roll from the savings portion. If within three years you have not turned things around, and you are still struggling even with sound bankroll management, forget about poker and make the most out of college.

Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

(First parargraph here maybe to explain my gambling tendencies, addictive personality, etc...)>>>>

Thanks for the advice. I was heavy into baseball cards prior to poker about a year ago now (10 months to be exact) but lost interest in cards because they are real expensive now and a huge gamble (I don't feel like explaining how and why cards are now $10-$1,000 per pack instead of a quarter). I lost interest cause they were like a lottery ticket and I got sick of it. I just sold most of what I had left and got $600 for them. I'm buying an X-Box 360, then I will have $230 after games and everything, get my Mom US Open tickets for her birthday and I will have $110 in poker money left. ($60 rakeback on UB and $50 on Absolute.) I HOPE to build up the Absolute money because I am flat out done with UB and their BS customer support.

That money ($50 on Absolute) was free from this one site, if I ever deposit I can cash out whenever I want. I have been as high as $97 and as low as $30 and change. I bubbled one tourney, went deep in two but one was winner takes all and other I busted with QQ to AK. I won $30 today playing $10NL then I played some tonight and lost $25 of that back. So, I have $51 on Absolute at this moment.

I think I am going to 4 table 10NL now with $7 at each table for a little while till I can fall asleep, it is 1:25 AM now...This is like my last poker money that I want to play with, so it's a project at just $50 and I know that, but it is really all or nothing. Hope I run average and I will be just fine as the players at this level on Absolute just dont fold. This is frustrating sometimes, but beneficial in the end, or at least I would hope.

Thanks for all the advice and any more is always welcomed and appreciated.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:02 PM

Does anyone else think this is a complete farce? If this kid is for real, I'm Jeffrey Dahmer.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:59 PM

You aren't going to follow this advice, but I'd guarantee you your life would improve tenfold if you did...

First, stop playing poker - it's filling a void in your life right now fair enough, but from EVERYTHING you've written here, it's not bringing you any joy whatsoever in the long run.

Get another part time job (right now you work 1 or 2 nights?) and do one of two things: 1) start helping your family our financially (which they will probably refuse) or 2) save up and in a few months buy them a weekend getaway somewhere (I'd suggest this).

Third, stop snapping at those trying to help you in this thread. If your original post was authentic, and not a tired trolling attempt, you'd do well to listen to some of the advice given here. Don't listen to those who say 'play within your bankroll' or 'play for play money' - no offense guys, but this is a someone who appears to be somewhat immature (not a bad thing, you're supposed to be immature at your age) and playing poker is a waste of some of the best years of his life.

Finally, you say you don't like to hang out with druggies and alcoholics, so there's no one in your class you can relate/socialize with. I guarantee you that there are people who don't want to spend every weekend in a drug-induced haze. Find these people. Even if these are the biggest nerds in the class, spend some time with them - get out of the house and away from the computer. Social interaction is what creates memories that you'll have 20 or 30 years from now, not the time that you cracked some guys Aces with 10-J suited for a $150 pot.

I'd post more, but I'm not sure if you are a troll or not - good luck turning it around if you are legitimate.