Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Revisiting the Forum Split Idea

I don't get it ... seems to me that most of this split talk is based on some kind of pride thing.

I mean, there isn't a lot of traffic here, why narrow it down ? (Go visit The Stud or O8 forum, is that what you really want?)

Community is what makes people come, NC thread and all, a split risks killing it.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it ... seems to me that most of this split talk is based on some kind of pride thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

None of the reasons that I gave had anything to do with pride.

In a nutshell:

1. Better organization.
2. Would encourage more posts, increasing traffic.

Amongst some other smaller reasons.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Community is what makes people come, NC thread and all, a split risks killing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is part of my concern as well. I'm not convinced a split will help grow traffic/community more and risks causing the opposite.

That said, I've asked the guys who went through some of the splits with the 6-max forums to chime in and give their thoughts on when/why/how a split should occur with the experience they have.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I think we should consider splitting into uNL (up to and including $25) and SSNL (50NL-400NL).

[/ QUOTE ]

No.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is part of my concern as well. I'm not convinced a split will help grow traffic/community more and risks causing the opposite.

That said, I've asked the guys who went through some of the splits with the 6-max forums to chime in and give their thoughts on when/why/how a split should occur with the experience they have.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand where you are coming from. I think it might be good to wait a month or so, and then things should be aligned there. I do think there is such a thing as too much traffic. I think community is very important. However, maybe it isn't so much a traffic thing that bothers me. Maybe we need to control the signal to noise ratio better, as I have said before.

Perhaps when we see 'can I lay down this set' we should have some sort of sticky to refer them to of. Then we can proceed to heckle them accordingly. The same idea would apply to can I lay down AA. These threads flood the forum way too often, imho.

And Berge... I stopped reading the chat thread, for the most part, long ago! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2007, 12:44 PM

Plz split. The advice given by guys who play NL100 and above for lower level hands is really bad. You guys aren't competent to play that level, so shut up or split.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not like everybody would never see each other again.

Each individual poster would still be in a community with half of the poster's here.

It's not like the 2 forums would just fall apart and become desolate (as was suggested by somebody previously).

We would all keep posting.

I think this would encourage new posters to join the new communities as well. So it would be a mix of posters who have been here all year and some newbies as well.

This forum was only started 6 months ago. The rate of growth indicates that if we don't split now we will probably be doing so in the near future anyways.

And everything else would stay as is. There would just be 2 of everything. 2 monthly threads, 2 places to post hands, etc.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Plz split. The advice given by guys who play NL100 and above for lower level hands is really bad. You guys aren't competent to play that level, so shut up or split.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of community and signal to noise ratio........
Old 06-28-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL I love this guy.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not like everybody would never see each other again.

Each individual poster would still be in a community with half of the poster's here.

It's not like the 2 forums would just fall apart and become desolate (as was suggested by somebody previously).

We would all keep posting.

I think this would encourage new posters to join the new communities as well. So it would be a mix of posters who have been here all year and some newbies as well.

This forum was only started 6 months ago. The rate of growth indicates that if we don't split now we will probably be doing so in the near future anyways.

And everything else would stay as is. There would just be 2 of everything. 2 monthly threads, 2 places to post hands, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't realize this forum was only 6 months old. Wow.