Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2006, 05:51 PM

Default Re: michael irvin < or > or = michael richards

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Prodigy,

Maybe racism isn't as serious to you as it is to others because your race hasn't been enslaved. Many times, double standards exist for a good reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

RDH, I think some of my Irish ancestors were raped, ravaged, and used for "general gain" by some Viking. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

But your ancestors weren't brought to Norway, stripped of their language and culture, and you don't presently live in Norway, nor is it a place where you can be shot 50 times by Viking cops after leaving a bachelor party just because they saw that you were Irish. There is such a preponderance of white&gt;black racism compared to black&gt;white racism that to call out Irvin, who is already known to be a cokehead, for his racism would be to penalize David for hitting Goliath with a stone. There should be more outrage when Goliath hits David with a stone, after trampling his village, eating his parents, etc because historically he has injured David a far greater deal than the reverse.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nor is it a place where you can be shot 50 times by Viking cops after leaving a bachelor party just because they saw that you were Irish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you miss the part where the majority of the cops involved in that incident were not white?
Old 11-26-2006, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is such a preponderance of white&gt;black racism compared to black&gt;white racism that to call out Irvin, who is already known to be a cokehead, for his racism would be to penalize David for hitting Goliath with a stone. There should be more outrage when Goliath hits David with a stone, after trampling his village, eating his parents, etc because historically he has injured David a far greater deal than the reverse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how, somehow, people inherit these types of things from their ancestors..

I guess the only thing to blame for this is Christianity...

I guess that if we inherit sin from our ancestors..what's to say we don't inherit responsibility for their actions.

why can't we evaluate things based on a specific person, rather than arbitrarily grouping them..

a black person does not represent "black people" as a whole...a white person does not represent "white people" as a whole....each person only represents himself...the sooner everyone accepts this, the better off we'll be.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:14 PM

What most people haven't taken into account is the fact that black people actually are more naturally predisposed for athleticism than white people. It's an uncomfortable fact to acknowledge, since it opens up the door for racist morons to argue for the possibility that white people are intellectually superior (which there is no evidence for), but a fact nonetheless.

http://www.newstatesman.co.uk/200009180009.htm ("Why black will beat white at the Olympics")

So.. Is Irvin's comment really racist when it's a proven fact that black people, in general, are more athletic?
Old 11-26-2006, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

BD and others saying double standards exist is of course correct. If someone high-profile were to say "Somewhere along the line, one of Donovan McNabb's great-grandmas must have spent some time in the big house getting down with the plantation owner, no way he'd be able to keep all those plays straight without some white brain genes in him!" it would probably be a big story. To be honest, I find Irvin's statement hilarious, and the statement above could be either amusing or offensive based on delivery. And I would say what Irvin said, but I wouldn't make the statement above. So, yeah, I definitely have double standards on this stuff, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly my thoughts.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because Irvin is black.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excatly anyone non white says something racist it is OK He shoulda have been fired. You have to be clear and tolerate no racism
Old 11-26-2006, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nor is it a place where you can be shot 50 times by Viking cops after leaving a bachelor party just because they saw that you were Irish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you miss the part where the majority of the cops involved in that incident were not white?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I did. I just went back and found it. But it didn't say if the ones who started shooting first were white...until more facts come out a racial motive for the tragedy cannot be eliminated.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...until more facts come out a racial motive for the tragedy cannot be eliminated.

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU CANT JUST ASSUME RACE IS AN ISSUE EVERYTIME SOMETHIGN HAPPENS BETWEEN PEOPLE OF DIFFERENT RACE
Old 11-26-2006, 06:57 PM

Michael Irvin; comments on blacks being superior athletes then whites. Stupid comment. Racist in the sense that he is saying white people are unathletic.

Michael Richards; calls a black man a ni%%er. This was a term used to oppress blacks while they were enslaved less than 200 years ago. This term is still used by white supremacists when referring to black people. White supremacists want all black people to die.

Irvin &lt; Richards
Old 11-26-2006, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So.. Is Irvin's comment really racist when it's a proven fact that black people, in general, are more athletic?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're missing the point. He implied that Romo's ancestors were slave-owners, and that his great grandmother was a sloot, both of which are absurd, and should not be tolerated by any network. (Even if he was never busted for coke).