Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2007, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Kaz2107 in tha well (Birthday edition)

[ QUOTE ]
What helped you most with getting better at poker? (except for your friends help)

[/ QUOTE ]
when i finally started getting better at poker was when i finally decided to make it a commitment to b good. i really dont think u can b good enough to have n e meaningfull success in poker by playin a couple times a week for a few hours and not studying much. when i decided to buckle down and really play A LOT (like 30 hours a week at the tables) and then studying on top of that my game really took off. most people arent gifted and will b naturlly good so u have to outwork others.

the thing is u have the BEST resource sitting right in front of u. 2p2 made me where i am. posting hands and reviewing other peoples hands realy does help. lurking is good and will help some but actually posting is infinatly better. it makes u responsible for the way u respond and thus u have to think about everything more. when i figured this out and beagn to b active here i took off. putting in the work is the difference and will make u better.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are your plans for after school and what would you do if poker did get banned?
What's your favorite hand?
Did you end up getting the Cris for your bday?

[/ QUOTE ]
1. well i am majoring in math as of right now. i hate all my classes and errything but blah. i hate all the other classes to so wutever. as of right now i think imma b a HS math teacher. lol. both of my parents r teachers and i really like the lifestyle i had as a kid and even now and i attribute a lot of that to their jobs and the free timethay had to spend with me and my brother.

2. if online poker gets banned i would cry. i honestly dont kno how i could live a normal college life with havin to work for 8 bucks an hour or w/e and never have money to waste on random [censored] i wanna do. i dont think this will happen tho and expect things to work themselves out in the next year or 2

3. i dont really have a favorite hand really. (i guess AA since i win with it most [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) my gf always tells me to play A7s so i guess that is my favorite hand lol.

4. no Cris was purchased [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] they r tryin to charge me double the price that it is on the internet and that pisses me off. so i think imma wait till i win my first mtt for a 4 figure cash. till then i prolly wont buy it or when i get back to colorado or sumtin and can get a reasonable deal
Old 02-16-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
happy birthday kaz [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

(tho i maybe a little l8, been away)

worst hand AI preflop(cash)?
Average 3betting range on BTN(@NL100)?
Worse hand u 3ever bet, cbet/double barrel/3barreled[delete as appropriate] with?

what main things did u pick up from your ship it holla holiday camp [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ?

Apart from how to make ectocoolers.
BTW how do u make them again, I might try 1 tnite for a change.

[/ QUOTE ]
1. by worst all in i assume u mean for 100bbs at least??? the only one that comes to mind is A9 back over the summer. it was like my first week or so playin 25nl 6 max and i had some dude sittin at my table and would raise to 5 preflop and call n shove or shove the flop. i was on his direct left and reshoved him with A9o and got poned exceptionally hard by 46s [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] i actually ended up losin 100 bucks to that donkey in one of my worst experiences EVAR. i couldnt keep a lead in a hand to save my life. lololol.

2. i have been 3betting a lot more recently. and it really depends on who is raising ahead of me and their postion as well as other callers and stuff. my range is rather wide tho. so ill give an example to try to illastrate this...

UTG+1 who is a reg who plays 26 17 2 raises to 4xbb and CO calls. they r both 100bbs deep and CO's stats r 51 6 1. depending on my mood as well my range would prolly b AJ+ 77+ KQ 76s 56s JTs and prolly some others that i am in the mood to play.

i also love to 3bet pre against people who fold a ton to cbets on the flop and who arent very observant. u can make a ton of money like this. and it also helps meta game purposes against other people at the table who now think u r 3betting EVERYONE light. so u can pone hard when u hit AA [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

3. i 3bet from the blinds a ton especially when a reg is on the button or CO and is kinda nitty. someone who plays like 17 14 2 i will look to 3 bet the hell out of when he raises from btn and i am in the blinds untill they show the ability to counteract this (which doesnt happen all that often) lots of suited 2 gappers as well as any pair or 2 face cards will fall into this range.

4. 2 and barreling is all about feel, context of the board, and villian and basically doesnt matter about my hand really. if some one has been callin me too often and i feel like the texture of the board condones a 2 barrel i fire one. i rarelly fire 3 barrels. i have prolly done this less then 5 times this year after like 60k hands. i dont think it is that profitable and only will do it when i miss a draw that i was playin aggro with on a really drawy board that i dont think i will beat another missed draw. i really dont think it is that great a move to do tho mainly because i dont think people fold to river bets in micro (or even 100nl) n e where nearly enough

5. i really worked on turn play(and i feel like i still need more work on it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) while in dallas (as well as lots of mtt advice cuz that is wut duece2high spent a zillion hours doin). but it helped a ton. i really think if u play the turn well i think the rest of poker is rather easy. the turn is tough tho. and im still lookin to get a ton better.

ecto-cooler= one shot of grey goose two shots of hypnotiq and then fill up tha rest with red bull till it has a bad ass green color to it (i highly recomend them and u will have a blast if u make them with lots of girls around [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])
Old 02-16-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What should I get my girlfriend for her birthday (March 2)? She's pretty much amazing and likes anything - I was gonna get tix to see Aaron Lewis' live acoustic tour but she said it would be too much of a hassle. So what's up?

[/ QUOTE ]
u can b sorta selfish and BALLA at the same time and get her courtside tix to a cavs game against the raptors.

heres a link [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Ballaness
Old 02-16-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Happy B-day bro !!!!

I haven't been much around lately and won't be until April, so I expect you to win my share of money of the fishies as well [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
thnx yo. when u get back into tha swing of things b sure to hit me up

imma take a break cuz i HAVE TO FINISH this stuff for physics (i am retaking my test that i got a 57 on but the high grade on the test was an 81 so i dont feel so bad and the professor hates me and i hate her so F that [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

My final paper is due on the 28th of march, then I'll have nothing better to do than play poker for a couple of months hopefully

See you around then Kaz (and the rest of you guys [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )
Old 02-16-2007, 07:33 PM

best micro stakes player on here?
Old 02-16-2007, 08:30 PM

i tried to post this a while ago and 2p2 stopped workin for me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] so i went out for dinner bfore sesh
[ QUOTE ]
happy birthday! me and you share the same birthday!

1) why are people with their birthday on Feb. 15 so good at poker?

2)fav Lon McCearn/Norman Chad quote?

3)Your fav poker books?

[/ QUOTE ]
happy bday yo
1. bcuz we r born the day after vday and thus r love babies. this means the poker gods HAVE to love us. so we run good. and n e poker player who runs good is good.

2. i dont really watch much poker on tv unless i kno n e of the people on it and none of the ballas that i kno have made a tv final table (FJ made a wpt one in january [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

but i havent watched n e where near enough of that stuff to know n e quotes let alone have a favorite. gimme some choices.

ill give u my favorite tuff_fish quotes a a bonus tho: "Im goin all in damnit, jesus christ, no im not no im not no im not"

3. i honestly dont like to read much and have never finished a poker book. nlhtp would prolly b tha best since it relates best to wut we play tho
Old 02-16-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
best micro stakes player on here?

[/ QUOTE ]
lol i am settin myself up for gettin some one mad here lolol

wow that is next to impossible for me to answere as i dont see alot of hands from many people and dont read nearly enough strat. posts. of the people i kno and have seen play/ read lots of posts by i am impressed a lot by munkey, thac, jonny, imrahil, gelford always impressed me even tho he is largely mia, EMC, seems to kno wut he is doin and should deff not b playin 50nl [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] (monsterous brownie points [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]), dawade, aliasmrjones, and im sure there are litterally 30 or 40 others on here that r just as good as the ones i mention on this list that i either forgot to mention or just havnt seen enough posts by or hands played.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im going to the beach today with some girl but I feel sick.

Should I cancel the outting and try to have us in her house cooking [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] or go on and cover up like a little girl

[/ QUOTE ]
not totally sure if i understand this but if u live in a nice place by a nice beach i say suck it up and get ur ass to tha beach
Old 10-20-2007, 10:17 PM

why will the sox beat the rockies in the WS?