Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2007, 07:03 AM

Default Re: What if players names were Player1, Player2, etc?

So in WPEX you can't use PT, because handhistorys cannot be downloaded to it? I can imagine that this is the best way that you will have a certain name, so that everyone who played against you can remember you, but only if they remember you themselves, not that a program does the brainwork for you.

And btw stop quoting everything you see. It makes the topic hard to follow.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im not saying PT is cheating
Im saying that anyone who is any poker ability at all would be much better off in the LONG RUN if nobody used PT. Ofcourse there are great poker players who use PT, but most of the time its a bunch of multitabling NITS trying to grind out some rakeback who want people to write programs to use Pokertracker on sites that expressly say its not allowed (which IS cheating) and have there table limits increased to some obscene number so the games dry out even quicker.

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh, I think you mean HUDs, not PT. I don't know of any sites that disallow PT.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://cakepoker.com/Integrity/TrackingPrevention.aspx

[/ QUOTE ]
I just read it, and basically says they are against datamining and HUDs, not PT.

[ QUOTE ]
CakePoker welcomes players to study their own hand histories to better their own play, so long as they do not use tools during game play.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Recently, some tools have been created that can also be used to track and store the long term play of other players at the table. Not stopping there, some tools are actually sharing their tracked data with other tool users. This allows the good possibility that players who are unfairly using these tools will have statistics on players they’ve never played against before.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How more clear could it be?
CakePoker does not support the use of tracking software (software used by players to track the play of others). We are proud to lead the way in preventing the effectiveness of software that unfairly gives players an advantage over others at the table.

Its the first [censored] sentance

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you retarded? I'll quote this again for you:

[ QUOTE ]
CakePoker welcomes players to study their own hand histories to better their own play, so long as they do not use tools during game play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokertracker is fine, HUDs are not.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is NOT allowed, it's pretty [censored] obvious.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:48 AM

Anyone who doesn't use a HUD at a site that allows it is giving up a edge. Anyone who attempts to use it at a site that disallows it is a cheater.

As far as those of you who think that HUDS are somehow unethical or "sorta cheating" even at sites that allow them, you are sorely mistaken. Do you think its unethical for a hitter to use an aluminum bat in a league that allows it, simply because MLB doesn't allow it?

As far as whether great poker players would benefit from the banning of the programs, it depends on your definition of a great player. I find the analysis of PT stats and trying to figure out what they mean in the context of a particular hand interesting, and just a different aspect of hand reading. I greatly suspect that those of you that have an over-the-top violent reaction to HUDS are bad players to begin with, or you would see the similarities between what you refer to as "real poker" and the way it is played with a HUD. More importantly, a HUD does not give you the ability to exploit a fundamentally sound poker player who has balance to his/her game.

FWIW, I play live, I play with a HUD at sites that allow it, and I play without one at WPEX. Its the same game with different nuances.

In short, get over it. Adapt and evolve or go bye-bye.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:08 AM

You what is a fantastic idea? Another drawn-out argument about PT, HUD's, multi-tablers, etc.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:27 AM

i remember i played against two clowns at the old doyles room their names were something like 'beebop' and 'rocksteady' they had the same avatar and their locations were 'upstairs' and 'downstairs' this was kind of unsettling even more so was the fact that before one of them were due to act the other one would say something like 'hey im working tonight' or 'hey its dinner time' dont think they lasted too long lol
Old 06-23-2007, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So in WPEX you can't use PT, because handhistorys cannot be downloaded to it? I can imagine that this is the best way that you will have a certain name, so that everyone who played against you can remember you, but only if they remember you themselves, not that a program does the brainwork for you.

And btw stop quoting everything you see. It makes the topic hard to follow.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey ment get with the program buddy!
Old 06-23-2007, 01:29 PM

I tried using PT with a HUD and my results fell a bit. Even worse, my computer crashed and never recovered.

I'm a winning player but I am more instinctual than over-the-top analytical in my reads. While they helped every now and then, the HUD stats seemed to interfere with my hand reading ability overall, and I enjoyed the game a lot more after getting rid of them (and getting a new computer).

I don't care that other people use them because I still use basic poker ability and game theory to outmaneuver them anyway.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
since when did WPEX start doing this? Last I checked people had screennames there.

[/ QUOTE ]

not in the "hand histories"
Old 06-23-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All you PT and HUD users make me sick. Of course your against this idea. The fact is, you can't win/breakeven without cheating...

[/ QUOTE ]

I LOVE pahud and pt....but I'm a proven live winner...proven live MTT winner...and played on party for over a year without pokertracker/pahud and made over $80K that year.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cake poker allows players to change there names every week if they like.
This is a better solution.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the perfect solution, and the one that I think will ultimately be used. But instead of changing every week/day or whatever, players will be allowed to use any name that they want for that table/session/hour, etc. It will happen across the industry, it's just a matter of when.

[/ QUOTE ]