Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2006, 12:56 AM

Default Re: Winthrop game

Tyler looked bad tonight. Brendan looked good. It's early, I'll take tonights game with a grain of salt.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:14 AM

They played too many bums for too long. I know Roy's trying to play up tempo, and see how everyone works with each other, but the studs need to be playing more if they want to win big games in the future.

Wes Miller played too much and it really pissed me off especially since he missed all of those open 3's.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:15 AM

No leadership on the floor tonight for UNC was what I saw.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:19 AM

Damn, I thought we would both win out right to the NC game [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2006, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The consistency with which Tyler is producing is unreal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it possible to claim this after only 2 games? I'm not saying it won't be true, but get a little further into the season before you make a claim like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This made me LOL as well, and I love the heels.

If you havn't met ligastar yet, you're in for some fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

This looks particularly humorous now.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The consistency with which Tyler is producing is unreal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it possible to claim this after only 2 games? I'm not saying it won't be true, but get a little further into the season before you make a claim like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This made me LOL as well, and I love the heels.

If you havn't met ligastar yet, you're in for some fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

This looks particularly humorous now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Been away from the computer with Turkey Day and out of town. Psycho T back in the groove...Gonzaga a blipp on the radar screen (not their dominating win over UNC but Psycho T's lackluster performance). He is the favorite for PoTY and one reason will be his consistent double double performances throughout this season.

I disagree with UCF on his assertion that Roy is playing too many players. When you have quality depth and you have a system like Roy's you use those players and run, run, run. Look at the Winthrop game...they were on cloud nine thinking they were going to knock the Heels off but then over the last 8, 9 minutes there shooting legs left them and shots didn't go down. Opponents get so tired that maybe they don't make the effort for the loose ball, or they don't rotate over to pick up the streaking Lawson going down the lane for a layup. Roy knows what he is doing UCF.

Finally, Brandan Wright 9-10 so far vs Tenn with 90 seconds left. He could ultimately be the difference maker during the big games in March. Such a fluid and smooth inside post game.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:29 AM

Default tOSU game

The Tar Heels turned a corner with the Ohio St win. The play in NY during the NIT was sloppy. Tonight Lawson and Frasor combined for 8 assists and 0 TOs. Wright had foul trouble early but finished big. Ellington started slow and finished big. Tyler played big with a career high in rebounds. Stepheson and Thompson, two 6' 9" freshmen, made huge strides.

I like Lawson in the starting five. Danny Green may bump Terry out of the starting rotation. Roy is melding this bunch into a big time team.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:46 PM

Default Re: tOSU game

They look very, very good.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:55 PM

Worried about their D but they are VERY, VERY, "green" out there. I was impressed by Ellington and Lawson. Wright needs to stay outta foul trouble and Terry needs to establish himself more ala last season. Tyler played well. The team needs to work on D. Their O is very good right now, even being "green."
Old 11-30-2006, 02:12 PM

They have a ton of potential that is very exciting. Ellington looked great the second half, Lawson is going to very good and Tyler was very solid.

But to me, Frasor is the main reason they came back and won. That sequence where he hit two 3s and then dove to tap the ball that led to Tyler's fast break kept them in the game. They may have come back eventually, but those three possessions were key.