Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Re: irrational and sudden impulses you\'d never really do

[ QUOTE ]
This reminds me of something that I do constantly, thought about posting about, but didn't think it deserved an OP. I'll wedge it in here.

Am I the only one that has a near constant internal narration? Like I'm writing and rewriting the text of my life in my head, complete with "what if" scenarios, like what if so-and-so was murdered, or I killed so-and-so, how would I dispose of the body, etc? Not that I have the urge to do it, it's just like constantly writing short-term speculative fiction in my head. Which then brings me to the idea of what if so-and-so REALLY WERE murdered, and the cops came to interview me, I couldn't really say something like, "So I was just imagining what it would be like if I murdered such and such, and wow! Isn't that the damndest coincidence?" So then I'd have to lie, and be hiding something from the cops, and I would look suspicious, and on and on and on.

Sometimes it's pretty [censored] up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this too. I just assumed I was batshit crazy. I'm sure I still am, but at least I know that you are there w/me. :P
Old 01-24-2007, 05:36 PM

At least I am in good company with that particular brand of weirdness.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:36 PM

All,

I can pretty much relate to just about everything cited in this thread. Alobar, the severing all ties and starting over is something that merits a separate thread - I'll write up my thoughts on that and post it. I've actually pretty much done that twice in my life (with the exception of my sister and parents and a couple of very close longtime friends) and it's quite refreshing.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:38 PM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

Jumping in front of the subway and ending it all.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:41 PM

I have the impulse to push people off buildings almost everytime im in a situation where it's possible. Sometimes my mind will wander around and I will start thinking of how I could kill my g/f and get away with it. Then I will just snap out of it all the sudden and yell at myself and wonder WTF is wrong with me and it gets me mad, but thought just enters my brain sometimes.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:42 PM

There was a thread a while back that linked to a test you could take to see if you were obsessive-compulsive, and one of the questions asked if you ever had the urge to throw people in front of traffic.

I was very relieved to read that thread, because there are times in my life where whenever I'm on a subway platform and a train is approaching, my shoulders get all tense and I become afraid that I am about to push someone in front of the train. I didn't know there was an explanation for it.

-McGee
Old 01-24-2007, 05:45 PM

Whenever I'm in a really boring ordinary situation I get the urge to stir things up. Like if I'm at a bar and everyone's just chatting and it's boring as hell I start getting the urge to just punch someone in the face, or jump over the bar and hurl the bottles at a wall. When I'm standing waiting for a subway I get the urge to hop down on the tracks and run into the tunnel.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jumping in front of the subway and ending it all.

[/ QUOTE ]
And snarling up everyone else's commute? Dick.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:47 PM

At shea stadium i always have the urge to jump off the upper deck on to the crowd below. (when i think of this one i always wonder how much those peoples lives would change seeing some nut jump to his doom in the middle of a baseball game)

I always have urges to punch people in the face when they are talking to me. Especially the elderly.

I have urges to pick babies up and throw them.

I have urges to stab people when i'm making something with a knife.

I sometime have urges to eat an entire bottle of aspirin when i have a headache.

I guess they arent really urges, more of like "wow how crazy would it be if i did x"
Old 01-24-2007, 05:50 PM

When I was home over xmas, I saw someobody who looked like my old 5th grade teacher (who I think is a loathesome horrible person) and I had this thought "If that had been Mr. XXXX I would have run him over" and then was like "wtf did I just think that!?".

The guy was an [censored], but it wasn't like he raped kids. Really wasn't comfortable with feeling like that.

When I thought about this, part of what I realized was that I think we all have impulses like this, and what makes us sane is not acting on them.