Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Re: QJs level 1, $320 stuper

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

and it is mind boggling that anyone who has spent 10 mins reading about poker open folds this at any pos pf

[/ QUOTE ]

You are my least favourite poster in MTTf. How did you learn to play your game, did it all suddenly fall into your head? Stop being a dick, stop berating people who are wrong. And help them improve instead. Seriously, what is wrong with you.

And I don't know about against the field in this tourney, but I can tell you that in a micro stakes tourney, raising QJs UTG 9-handed is a losing play in the long run. Period.

[/ QUOTE ]

All true.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And I don't know about against the field in this tourney, but I can tell you that in a micro stakes tourney, raising QJs UTG 9-handed is a losing play in the long run. Period.

[/ QUOTE ]

look at stacks lol
Old 04-29-2007, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

look at stacks lol

[/ QUOTE ]
If I had more time I would PM you because they're right about your posts
Old 04-29-2007, 07:56 PM

110 bbs deep, so what? Extremely rarely you flop a huge made hand. Sometimes you get 3-bet and have to lay it down. Sometimes you flop a Q/J high flop, and get reverse implied odds against AQ-AJ-KQ-KJ. Sometimes you flop a draw and that might create a marginal profitable situation if you find sufficient fold equity, exptressed odds or implied odds. Sometimes you get at flop 9T8, you lead for 3/4 pot and everyone folds.

This is a complicated EV calculation with endless factors, but against loose players, no matter how bad they are postflop, raising QJs UTG even with 10bbs is -EV according to my instincts.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

look at stacks lol

[/ QUOTE ]
If I had more time I would PM you because they're right about your posts

[/ QUOTE ]

go enjoy coachella and IM me later to tell me what a bad meanie i am.

as for this:

[ QUOTE ]
110 bbs deep, so what? Extremely rarely you flop a huge made hand. Sometimes you get 3-bet and have to lay it down. Sometimes you flop a Q/J high flop, and get reverse implied odds against AQ-AJ-KQ-KJ. Sometimes you flop a draw and that might create a marginal profitable situation if you find sufficient fold equity, exptressed odds or implied odds. Sometimes you get at flop 9T8, you lead for 3/4 pot and everyone folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

the part where people sometimes fold when you flop the nuts made me lol. nh, but come on now
Old 04-29-2007, 08:11 PM

Would someone explain to me the logic of check/calling the flop. I would bet 90 on the flop and fold to a raise. If I checked the flop I would fold to a bet; unless the botton was a habitual bluffer, then I would consider a check/raise on the flop. Check/calling the flop is the last thing I would consider.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:23 PM

i think raising to 80 makes no sense. why to push out all hands except the ones that kill us. its round one its a speculative hand why is a limp so bad?if raised to 100 we can stil see a flop. if we flop a draw multi way it can be a nice pot. if i raise to 80 and guy makes it 350 im folding wout seeing a flop. I DONT LIKE TO PRICE MYSELF OUT OF DRAWING HANDS WHEN STACKS ARE DEEP. if the blinds were 100-200 then im open raising here.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:28 PM

check call
Old 04-29-2007, 08:29 PM

i now lead for 300 and charge him to redraw
Old 04-29-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I DONT LIKE TO PRICE MYSELF OUT OF DRAWING HANDS WHEN STACKS ARE DEEP.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol contradictionaments <font color="white">aejones, i want my throne back </font>