Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 04:08 PM

Default Re: I give up America

[ QUOTE ]
The problem still originates with parents not doing their jobs. And that's why Nielso's jackbooted thugs have the power to do what they do.

You ppl live in freakin fantasy worlds where everyone is an angel and if the do a boo boo a time out will REALLY teach them. OMG the time out.

Bad billy go to your room and don't play nintendo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the intelligentsia have eroded parental authority to the point where they can justify their own existence. The primary reason parents have abandoned effective discipline is because the liberals preached to them that "violence teaches violence", implying that spanking creates criminals.

Then the same liberals who would take someones kid away from them for disciplinary methods that they don't approve of want to usurp that authority into a body of laws that they write, criminalizing behaviors that are natural to childhood development. Thank goodness mosdef is Canadian, so we dont have to pay for his/her kids' psychiatric bills when they grow up.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:31 PM

govman,

Did you receive corporal punishment as a child?

If yes, how do you evaluate that?
Old 07-26-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Because of the failure of americas parents to teach their kids right and wrong and to administer punishment as needed. The "nanny state" it seems has had to step and just level extremly over the top punishments when no justified to try and scare people and parents back into doing their jobs.

The problem still originates with parents not doing their jobs.

[/ QUOTE ]

The questions that this case raises, as is the case most of the time, are complicated and are not easy to answer.

Potential issues:
Are sentencing guidelines/mandatory sentences and the removal (or minimization) of judicial discretion in sentencing a good thing?

Should otherwise criminal actions that occur in schools stay within the school system or should they be referred out to the police? Should all/some; which ones; who should decide?

How should our criminal justice system deal with 13 year old offenders? Should we have a juvenile justice system at all? When should it be used over the "regular" system?

If parents should be responsible to discipline, in cases where the discipline is ineffective, should the parents be responsible for the actions of their 13 year old child? Civilly, criminally or both?

How much discretion should prosecutors have in choosing to charge someone with an offense?

[/ QUOTE ]

Little subtle for this forum, no?
Old 07-26-2007, 07:18 PM

no way in hell a jury convicts. The kid and his parents are playing this expertly by rejecting a plea bargain. The judge and the DA need to go through the ringer on this one.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no way in hell a jury convicts. The kid and his parents are playing this expertly by rejecting a plea bargain. The judge and the DA need to go through the ringer on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

r u kidding, if they can get one girl up there to cry about it its a slam dunk convict
Old 07-26-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
govman,

This is the one story that gets you to give up on America? Awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol I was thinking the same thing. Certainly a retarded case but come on now.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:19 PM

Anyone else think its funny how father and son are smiling in the picture, but wifey is crying?
Old 07-26-2007, 10:05 PM

Slam dunk? LOL no way. You realize that he needs to be found guilty by 12/12 jurors, right? Make each juror an 80% favorite to convict and the probability of conviction is still less than 7%
I think each juror is more like a 50% chance to convict, making this kid a virtual lock to walk.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone else think its funny how father and son are smiling in the picture, but wifey is crying?

[/ QUOTE ]

obv the dad slapped wifey's ass.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

obv the dad slapped wifey's ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

the dad looks like a straight perv.

and lol @ the guy who cant distinguish spanking from "spanking". I dont think any of the girls that Ive spank in the past ever thought I was trying to punish them for some reason. There is a difference.