Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Ask me about Starbucks

[ QUOTE ]
quids,

You are using "a can of Folgers costs this much" as part of an argument about why coffee in a shop is overpriced?

Man, I wonder how you would react to a five dollar milkshake!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I just asked if he made fun of people. I just never got the appeal I guess, you spending way more money (and it is way more money, becuase as I understand it, coffee is a pretty much an everyday thing for most people), it doesnt save you any time, and I may be wrong here, but I doubt many people can tell the difference in taste.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
quids,

You are using "a can of Folgers costs this much" as part of an argument about why coffee in a shop is overpriced?

[/ QUOTE ]

Masked Man:

He would kneecap teh server who expected him to pay $5 for a milkshake and anyone who wouldn't is a giant pussy.

OP:

Thanks for the info...I'm getting free soy milk next time!
Old 07-31-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
to the douche that says "what about the people who take home coffee" it was CLEAR I wasnt talking about them, and neither were you until you got proven wrong, so gfy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you schizo or just dumb? How can you 1st say that folgers bought in bulk from sams club cost 3.6 cents a cup (not .036 cents as you wrote) and then claim you were not talking about take home coffee. You make arguments like a 14 year old girl
Old 07-31-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do managers just not care how much their employees charge? I don't go often, but when I do I get a grande triple toffee nut mocha. I think it's supposed to be $4.25. I've seen prices all over the damn place.

[/ QUOTE ]

As evidenced by the Dumbest Cashier TR thread, some cashiers can be simply stupid. Off the top of my head, I'd have no idea what your drink should cost, but I can try to check if I remember. Your drink would be rung up as a grande mocha, add shot, add toffee nut syrup. Some people might forget to add the toffee nut, might forget to add the shot, etc. Some people may ring it up as a toffee nut latte, add syrup, which could also change the price. Also, prices just went up (effective today).
Old 07-31-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"I dunno if it's worth five dollars, but it's pretty [censored] good."
Old 07-31-2007, 05:31 PM

I have heard that costco brand coffee is actually starbucks brand overstock. confirm/deny?
Old 07-31-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have heard that costco brand coffee is actually starbucks brand overstock. confirm/deny?

[/ QUOTE ]

Deny, they wouldnt dilute their brand in that manner.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes SBUX sells random awesomely delicious cakes, cookies, pastries, etc. And then they disappear from the menu never to be seen again. WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Supply and demand. We have certain pastries we always sell, and then for each promotional period, we'll roll new things out. If those really catch on, they will be brought back as permanent items, AFAIK. If not, they disappear.

Also, different regional areas have different food distributors. The core products should all be there, taste the same, etc, but some regions have products available that others don't have. I don't have a Chocolate Peanut Butter Stack in my region, and that thing is the shizzy.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:33 PM

This is a good place for my favorite story of my wife's from when she worked at Starbucks.

My wife (then girlfriend) worked at a busy downtown Seattle Starbucks. As with most similar places, even though it was a waste of food, employees weren't allowed to take the marked out pastries and such. Well, everyone did. This starbucks had a manager who wasn't really gung-ho starbucks like many of them, and there were some issued. Starbucks corporate actually set up an undercover employee, unbeknownst to anyone (including the manager). Well, one of the employees got caught eating a marked out muffin, at the encouragement (meaning, they didn't stop them) of the employees, including my wife.

The next day, they actually called each individual employee up to an empty board room in the building and interrogated them in front of a five person panel from corporate. They told her she wouldn't get in trouble if she, for all intents and purposes, "testified" to everything "bad" that happened at that Starbucks. She didn't, and no one else did. The guy who ate the muffin was fired, and three other employees were suspended indefinitely, which ended up being simply for the rest of the day because they soon realized they had suspended the only three openers.

How seriously they took the whole thing was amusing to me.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:33 PM

FYI, if you're referring to Starbucks as SBUX to anyone other than your stockbroker, you're a [censored] [censored].