Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 07:21 PM

Default Re: I\'m 6\'4 120lbs...no joke...help?

[ QUOTE ]
google it and do it yourself, dont be lazy, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried google and wikipedia but I don't even know what this 6'4 thing is. Just figured it might be natural for some people.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the other thing, have you tried getting insurance? Ive never really heard of someone getting turned down for being skinny? before you hit the gym, or workout, you should get insurance, take a look at ehealthinsurance.com, I have decent coverage for about 164/3 mos. If something happens in the gym you want to be covered. If its that big of a deal, personally, I dont see the problem with fudging 25lbs or so on your application, you can always just claim a bout of food poisoning!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've tried and been rejected 3 separate times. I'm not sure what the minimum weight is...but I doubt I'm close.

Would a doctor report something like this if I went in for a visit and weighed significantly less than I told the insurance company? Would they have any dialogue with the insurance company at all?
Old 05-07-2007, 07:32 PM

Belok,

You said your stomach is small and you can't eat over 4k cals a day and likely won't get over 3500. That probably isn't enough to maintain a person at 200 lbs at a decent metabolism. Or if you calcs are accurate and you are getting 2k cals of food a day now there is almost no way that you'll gain a significant amount of weight putting such a low cap on the amount of food you eat. I don't understand why you are offended. You are grossly underweight (I'm 8 inches shorter with a slight build and have not weighed that much since I was around 12-13 and possibly younger). And you claim that it is not an option to eat >3500 cals a day. You are setting yourself up for failure with that. If you mean eating 3500+ cals today or tomorrow, that would be different, but ramping up calories 250-500 a week until you see results is a must you might end up having to eat 5k-6k cals a day. Who knows.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Belok,

You said your stomach is small and you can't eat over 4k cals a day and likely won't get over 3500. That probably isn't enough to maintain a person at 200 lbs at a decent metabolism. Or if you calcs are accurate and you are getting 2k cals of food a day now there is almost no way that you'll gain a significant amount of weight putting such a low cap on the amount of food you eat. I don't understand why you are offended. You are grossly underweight (I'm 8 inches shorter with a slight build and have not weighed that much since I was around 12-13 and possibly younger). And you claim that it is not an option to eat >3500 cals a day. You are setting yourself up for failure with that. If you mean eating 3500+ cals today or tomorrow, that would be different, but ramping up calories 250-500 a week until you see results is a must you might end up having to eat 5k-6k cals a day. Who knows.

[/ QUOTE ]

The offensive part was "well then you wont gain weight and you never will". I wasnt saying that 3500 was the most i'd ever be able to eat ever. That was the most I could do today. Tomorrow, hell, maybe with the right foods it could be 4500. But right now it is 6:30 and I am far behind what I'd probably need to eat to start gaining. I'm at the beginning of this process, and I know that if I try to over-stuff myself and reach 4k calories tonight, I'll puke and lose momentum before I even really started.

The plan IS to increase the # of calories weekly until it is at a much higher level than it is now.

But 4000 calories today is just out of the question.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:40 PM

Belok,

Apologies. I thought you meant 4k at most. Today doesn't really matter and neither does tomorrow. Increase your cals slowly. You're probably gonna feel pretty horrid if you try to increase cals too much. Its much better to increase slowly and build up. Mild discomfort is acceptable.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:53 PM

I'm astounded. Could you post a picture with your face/head blacked out or something? I just can't fathom a non-famine/holocaust/dying from AIDs person weighing what you do. In anycase, hopefully you will have some success and will make for awesome before/after shots. good luck!
Old 05-07-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm astounded. Could you post a picture with your face/head blacked out or something? I just can't fathom a non-famine/holocaust/dying from AIDs person weighing what you do. In anycase, hopefully you will have some success and will make for awesome before/after shots. good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont really have any body shots available
But if you saw me with clothes on you'd know I was skinny, but not THAT skinny
Old 05-07-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL at 2k cals.

Seriously, I wouldn't post until you start eating 4k+ a day and have confirmed with an actual doctor you don't have a medical problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol @ 2k cals is right. That's what I'm eating and I'm dieting!
Old 05-07-2007, 09:01 PM

6'4 means 6 foot 4 inches, and is 190 cms. your-O-peens HOOOO.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:03 PM

you could just drink some olive oil throughout the day, like a half shot glass full at a time. you know like a whiskey shot i thinkn is an ounce.