Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2006, 08:25 AM

Default E Checks Question

Can you cash out with E Checks?
Old 10-10-2006, 08:42 AM

Default Re: Firepay bailing out of US Market

I just want to remind everyont that we really only need one or two of these e-wallet type places to remain open to US customers for there to be very little change.

Changing from Firepay to Neteller or from either one of those to e-passporte or whatever is annoying but not more annoying than signing up for one in the first place...and the casual gambler certainly did that.

And, I would remind folks that the direct from the bank options should be available until the regulations go into effect.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just want to remind everyont that we really only need one or two of these e-wallet type places to remain open to US customers for there to be very little change.

Changing from Firepay to Neteller or from either one of those to e-passporte or whatever is annoying but not more annoying than signing up for one in the first place...and the casual gambler certainly did that.

And, I would remind folks that the direct from the bank options should be available until the regulations go into effect.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm very concerned that this view is overly optimistic. Party will certainly stop taking direct deposits via iGMpay the minute Bush signs the bill. I strongly suspect Neteller will be specifically targeted by the Feds, as it's very easy to mark it as gambling-only and put it on the banned list for wires. Then they'll ID the other sites, like Bodog, who thumbed their nose at Congress; they'll get their wire transfer info and put them on the banned list; no more bank direct business.

But I've only ever used direct-bank transfers and Neteller. And I'm certainly not signing up for Firepay now....

Can someone describe the other options, and why they think they are more likely to survive and still be useful? Moneybookers, Click2Pay, ePassporte? I haven't tried these, don't know anything about the fees, etc.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm very concerned that this view is overly optimistic. Party will certainly stop taking direct deposits via iGMpay the minute Bush signs the bill. I strongly suspect Neteller will be specifically targeted by the Feds, as it's very easy to mark it as gambling-only and put it on the banned list for wires. Then they'll ID the other sites, like Bodog, who thumbed their nose at Congress; they'll get their wire transfer info and put them on the banned list; no more bank direct business.

But I've only ever used direct-bank transfers and Neteller. And I'm certainly not signing up for Firepay now....

Can someone describe the other options, and why they think they are more likely to survive and still be useful? Moneybookers, Click2Pay, ePassporte? I haven't tried these, don't know anything about the fees, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't tried them and don't know anything about the fees but they exist and that's all they need to do.

Imagine we're not talking about something very important to you like poker. Imagine we're talking about playing scrabble for money. Is it really going to keep you from playing if you have to sign up for another payment method?
Old 10-10-2006, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
CoyRoy,

Don't you have any interest in anything on the overall legislation matter other than neteller? I mean are you really just a poker player who only registered this week here just to talk about neteller?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluffthis, I've notified the mods about you.

Go stalk someone else.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:55 AM

CoyR,

My questions about you are valid. You seem to be the one stalking, as with neteller. Are there no other topics that interest you besides continually asserting neteller will bail the US market and promoting the TonyG poker site?
Old 10-10-2006, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I never understood why people used Firepay over Neteller anyway. $6 to deposit and $10 to withdraw vs free EFT's?

[/ QUOTE ]
Firepay only jacked up these rates within the last few weeks as a last second cash grab. It used to be $3.99/free for deposit/withdraw.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I never understood why people used Firepay over Neteller anyway. $6 to deposit and $10 to withdraw vs free EFT's?

How about we include the Neteller and Firepay statements on Berge20's sticky?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI as a non US customer I pay nothing to use Neteller to deposit or withdraw - sounds like the $6 and $10 fees are a direct result of protectionism.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's talking about firepay, not neteller.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
CoyR,

My questions about you are valid. You seem to be the one stalking, as with neteller. Are there no other topics that interest you besides continually asserting neteller will bail the US market and promoting the TonyG poker site?

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 10-10-2006, 11:44 AM

So, has anyone heard anything back from firepay? I want to make sure that I get all of my funds out of firepay in case they will not process back to my back, or in case they jack up the fee even more. I really am worried about this, because I am know only left with epassporte, and there are only a few rooms that accept it for deposit and withdraw. Looks like I will have to stick with epass, and hope the games at Pokerroom and Full Tilt stay in business. Otherwise, it is bye bye to online poker for me. gg