Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 10:32 PM

Default Re: Homosexuality Thread Lock

[ QUOTE ]
No, we don't have to draw the line anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ] Actually, Iron does, because that is his job.

But I agree with you that we shouldn't have to draw the line.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:32 PM

Default Re: Homosexuality Thread Lock

There are now two threads open in ATF on this topic and I'm asking we all take our act over there. I ask that you guys pick Mickey's thread and stick to it, although you're welcome to use both.

Mickey's thread

cpk's thread

Edit: the following was posted by Stu in response to my banning. The following words are his:

I tried posting this in the homosexuality locked thread but it became locked itself before I could get it posted. This in response to Iron81 post justifying putting me in the cooler. I actually don't have a problem with him banning me, just with the justification he gave in that thread. This is what Iron81 wrote:

[ QUOTE ]
Fair enough. I went through Stu's posts in that thread and I believe the following are bigoted:

Homosexuality is a behavior defect and therefore inferior to heterosexuality. (Ryan agreed with this one)

You cannot logically argue that homosexuality and heterosexuality are both the usual and ordinary course of nature unless you're also prepared to include all sorts of perversions such as bestiality. (for comparing homosexuality to bestality)

You would think homosexualities purpose would be painfully obvious. It does occurs a rate similar to nuerological defects such as bi-polar spectrum disorder. (for comparing homosexuality to a disease)

Homosexuals spend most of thier adult time in short term transactional relationships. (for saying gays are promiscuous and possibly saying most of their sex is with prostitutes)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Iron81

I think you are portraying me in an incorrect light and you are quoting things out of context. I was going to drop this whole subject but I kinda feel compelled to defend myself here.

For Instance:

[ QUOTE ]
You cannot logically argue that homosexuality and heterosexuality are both the usual and ordinary course of nature unless you're also prepared to include all sorts of perversions such as bestiality. (for comparing homosexuality to bestality)

[/ QUOTE ]

Had you included the preceding sentance it would have been I obvious that I meant one has to accept that only heterosexuality is the usual and ordinary course of nature or one has to accept all sexualities (including bestality) as being the usual and ordinary course of nature.

[ QUOTE ]
You would think homosexualities purpose would be painfully obvious. It does occurs a rate similar to nuerological defects such as bi-polar spectrum disorder. (for comparing homosexuality to a disease)

[/ QUOTE ]

First, I compared it to a behavior disorder not a disease. Second, that passage was in response to someone who claimed that homosexuality probably has a beneficial purpose and if it was a defect it would have died out in the evolutionary process. Well his statement is complete bunk. Behavior disorders(which admittly I consider to be defects) seem to survive the evolutionary process. For what its worth I have my own defects and givin the complexity of a human being I doubt there isn't anyone alive who doesn't have a defect.

[ QUOTE ]
Homosexuals spend most of thier adult time in short term transactional relationships. (for saying gays are promiscuous and possibly saying most of their sex is with prostitutes)

[/ QUOTE ]

The above passage was part of a discussion about the longevity of homosexual relationships versus heterosexual relationships. The claim can be easily verified or debunked. The word transactional has nothing to do with prostitutes; it refers to relational roles. Claiming this is a reference at promiscuity and prostitutes is really twisting my words to justify calling me a bigot.

[ QUOTE ]
Homosexuality is a behavior defect and therefore inferior to heterosexuality. (Ryan agreed with this one)

[/ QUOTE ]

Bigatry is complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from ones own. If you read those threads it becomes pretty clear that I've treated members of this forum better than they have treated me. The reason this thread now exist is because there is the real possibility there are bigots other than me in this forum.

Stu
Closed Thread