Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 04:03 AM

Default Re: Ball gets thrown - what to do?

[ QUOTE ]
If I was on that green I woulda stepped on your ball, pinning it nearly flat with the green.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's [censored] up man.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Meh, I think we're making a mountain out of a molehill here. It may have been a slight breach but I've rolled balls onto the green many times in my golfing career and my response was to wave and yell SORRY from afar and that typically is more than enough. And never did I think that I was at risk to hurt anyone before I hit it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Brag: I've only done this once, but I felt bad. Short 255 par 4 and I rolled a 3iron onto it. I didn't think I could carry that club that far at all, but it two-hopped on. I was so pumped when I got up there that I yelled sorry, but only half meant it. Group in front didn't seem to mind a bit.

Beat: 2 putted [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a pro was on the green and the ball went OFF THAT GUY'S PUTTER and into the hole. Haha.

[/ QUOTE ]
Isn't this a 2 stroke penalty? Or am I misremembering hitting equipment rules?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it hits YOUR equipment (our your body/clothes) it's a penalty...in match play if it his your PARTNER (or you) or his equipment, it's loss of hole.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:06 PM

I was golfing one time with sucker and these 4 biatches in front of us were taking FREAKING FOREVER!! for every one their shots. Since the best expected score on any hole was an 8 they were obviously extremely slow and I was getting extremely steamed. The straw that broke the camels back was when we ARE WAITING FOR THEM TO TEE OFF!!! and the quench wench comes by. They then take about 10 minutes buying cranberry juice or whatever before attempting to swing at the ball. So at this point I can't take it anymore. When the last one is on her back swing I shout as loud as I can MOVE!! Sucker thought it was pretty funny but as it turns out the joke was on him. The hole was a down wind par 5 and sucker managed to reach in two with at 3 wood on his second shot. Right in the middle of the green. mabye 15' for eagle. One of the women picked up his ball and put it in her pocket. hahahaha!
Old 09-19-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was golfing one time with sucker and these 4 biatches in front of us were taking FREAKING FOREVER!! for every one their shots. Since the best expected score on any hole was an 8 they were obviously extremely slow and I was getting extremely steamed. The straw that broke the camels back was when we ARE WAITING FOR THEM TO TEE OFF!!! and the quench wench comes by. They then take about 10 minutes buying cranberry juice or whatever before attempting to swing at the ball. So at this point I can't take it anymore. When the last one is on her back swing I shout as loud as I can MOVE!! Sucker thought it was pretty funny but as it turns out the joke was on him. The hole was a down wind par 5 and sucker managed to reach in two with at 3 wood on his second shot. Right in the middle of the green. mabye 15' for eagle. One of the women picked up his ball and put it in her pocket. hahahaha!

[/ QUOTE ]

ARRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

To elaborate, this was the 12th hole. We were 5 HOURS INTO OUR ROUND at this point!!!!! The marshals did nothing because they were in some sort of group outing.

The hole was 590, downwind. I had 270 to the green, and they were off the green looking for one of the biatches balls. Boris and the other two in our foursome had laid up, so I decided that I might as well let one rip since the green was clear to keep play moving behind us the best we could. Now, mind you that these folks had three of four balls on the green and were looking in the gunch for biatch #4's ball.

I just nutted a perfect 3 wood. It nestles to 15 feet as Boris said above. Awhile later, the biatches eventually found the lost 4th ball and played it up. They are all walking on the green and taking 10 minutes to putt. After they hit their first putts, one of the chicks walks by my ball. She looks back at us - 150 yards out in the fairway. We're yelling that it's my ball and waving our arms, but they couldn't hear us due to the wind.

She pockets the ball, they putt out and go to the next hole. I take the cart up to the next tee and confront the lady who picked up the ball. Here's the conversation:

Me: Why did you pick up my ball off the green?
Her: What ball? I didn't pick up a ball?
Me: You know, the one in your hand. (Pointing to it).
Her: That's not your ball, it's mine.
Me: What kind of a ball are you playing?
Her: Titleist.
Me: I bet you that's a precept.
Her: No way. (She looks at it - precept, of course). Oh, I mean I was playing a precept.
Me: I bet you it has three dots on it.
Her: Oh yeah, I guess it does.
Me: Why don't you come back with me and put it back where you found it.
Her: But I didn't take your ball.
Me: @#^%*&@#^%*&^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where did you find this ball?
Her: About 10 feet from the hole.
Me: OK.

I go back and tell the others about my totally sweet interaction with miss moron. I put the ball down about where we thought it was.

Of course, I missed the eagle.

Boris and I still laugh about this one every time we hit the links.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was there Ben-Gay on the ball?

Unless it was a career shot you hit, you're at fault.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-19-2007, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was always under the assumption that if it's a par 4, and the group in front is on the green, it's fair to tee off.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhh... lol?
Old 09-19-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you should be glad you did, otherwise you'd be bothered by whether or not it "counts" for the rest of your life (assuming eagles aren't particularly common for you)
Old 09-20-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you should be glad you did, otherwise you'd be bothered by whether or not it "counts" for the rest of your life (assuming eagles aren't particularly common for you)

[/ QUOTE ]

Eagles are a rare occurance for me. Mostly because I can't putt and because I suck at golf. I would have counted that thing all the way to the bank. It may have added to its lore, in fact.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:42 AM

Although you aren't going to hurt anybody hitting a ball that rolls onto the green, it would be damn annoying if the ball happened to roll in front of one of the ladies line while they were putting. It's freaking common curtesy. Even a ball landing just short of the green would be a distration. I try to follow the general guideline that I don't hit unless I am sure I won't be within 30 yards of the group ahead of me.