Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2007, 09:03 AM

Default Re: ***Official Stars Regs Thread***

Believe it or not, I'm Scary_Tiger on Stars.

And hey, that's my avatar on the left.

ysscky sure likes to chat it up when I sit with him.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:01 AM

Hmm wrong guy.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:39 AM

I'm Yayas.

I'm pretty bad, but I've been pretty successful recently @ $1/2. I've been playing the $5/10 game at times in order to get VPP's and Supernova (way over my bankroll), but I get blown away at that game and I'm getting somewhat closer to Supernova so I will probably stop doing that for the time being.

I know that in the $5/10 game I see most of you at I showdown too much, don't table and seat select, overdefend my blinds, don't pay attention, basically do everything wrong . . . so go easy.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeh someone tell me why i suck so much: saywhat_agan. Im really debating quiting and ive wasted like 4 years on this stupid game. Although i play more then is humanly possible I go through swings that are insane. I'm at the point where im questioing EVERY single move I make so let me know how big a donk I am and what I can do. People stand out at tables to me Imissparty flaremvp, dr kox is aite beckham's solid.

[/ QUOTE ]

omg that's you!
You're at EVERY table I ever play at. Not that you're a fish or anything but I just see you playing a lot. There's nobody with a screenname just like yours right? Like there's TableATM and BrokenATM and mixing them up is reallllly bad because they are totally different.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:00 PM

wow now i want to bring a couple grand over to stars just to be included in threads like these

21/16 is TIGGHHHTTTT. i first had stats like that in 6max when i came in from a much more loose passive site and a largely full ring background (no PT befoer that). Im now at like 26/19 if u keep finding +EV situations to play hands those numbers will rise chez, u ll find em eventually. to answer mcgahees qusetion i think there is little correlation in playing tighter causing less swings even though thats a bit counterintuitive. I think u pass up too many +EV opportunites (iso 3bets ect) to make up for it but making fewer high variance plays. my swings as a nit vs a lagtag havent been much different truthfully, but alot of that is as ur play closer to optimal ur winrate should rise causing less variance. And i actually think having the only hands u put many bets in with getting cracked causes MORE tilt than if ur playing more hands and winning and losing pots frequently and not as reliant on ur one big hand an hour holding up since ur picking up more pots (and probably bigger pots IMO) without showdown with the lagtag style.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:48 PM

Cardlogs is hands down the most disciplined player in all of 5/10. Never seen him spew once or make a huge mistake in over 2.5k hands I have on him.

That dude has mastered the nit style imo. Sure he's passing up on some profits and has a nearly transparent hand range, but people aren't exploiting him at all, so why bother?
He's got nearly guarnteed profits, with lower variance..

Every bad player and most TAG's play against him as if he was any other TAG.

Besides, he knows how to assess the strength of his hand post flop. He's not folding many winners, and if it is , it's a winner with poor reverse implied odds. He shows down with A high when necessary, he'll adjust his call down rate if the guys a TAG or LAG etc.

I think we could all learn something from his style, despite it being sub-optimal and if you define ball size by succesful tricky play(which I do) , woman like.

But put him in a 20/40 game with a table of solid LAG Tag's and he would get owend sooo hard. I really doubt he'll ever move above 5/10 unless he changes his style.

He also runs sick hot which helps.

HowMany: I rmemeber having a mini stars chat in another thread,
the players I was referring to were

nit = Cardlogs
complains too much = River Guller
LAG/luckboxvsme = FPau

where FP stood for fancy play:P
Old 04-06-2007, 01:18 PM

I don't think the 16 pfr is that bad when you're at the lower end of short handed, but I'm not sure about 5/10. The 21 is nit though. He should be more like 26/16 if he's going to play that style, but maybe that reflects his table selection (as in he's not finding any opportunities to limp in or he's not defending enough.) Also, below 2/4 where I hang out I think 30/20 is not optimal because of rake and all of the loose passives.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:22 PM

BTW I have him as 19/13 over 2.5k hands
Old 04-06-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the only way this is profitable is if nobody knows this.

For example, sometimes I bet the turn to induce a raise with a hand like 2nd or 3rd pair because people expect me to double barrel with air so much that they will raise OESD's OOP and stuff. Against me, in particular, I think this is bad. But against a lot of players it may be right.

So say I hold AJo OTB and this 19/13 opens UTG+, against a lot of players that spew around and are opening stuff like 89dd here a 3-bet can be right. But against him you are putting in bets behind a lot of the time.

And while 2p2 has pokerace, i don't know if everyone in the games does.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the only way this is profitable is if nobody knows this.

For example, sometimes I bet the turn to induce a raise with a hand like 2nd or 3rd pair because people expect me to double barrel with air so much that they will raise OESD's OOP and stuff. Against me, in particular, I think this is bad. But against a lot of players it may be right.

So say I hold AJo OTB and this 19/13 opens UTG+, against a lot of players that spew around and are opening stuff like 89dd here a 3-bet can be right. But against him you are putting in bets behind a lot of the time.

And while 2p2 has pokerace, i don't know if everyone in the games does.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't and I'm sure this guy owns me on occasion.