Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 07:42 AM

Default Re: Mickey Mouse works for Hamas?

[ QUOTE ]
I think the Israeli government is probably deciding between bombing the tv station or letting it run and exploiting it to further their oppression of the palestinians.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see Israeli TV shows teaching little children to kill anyone who does not agree with their position.

You go ahead and keep defending groups of scum like Hamas.

It speaks plenty
Old 05-11-2007, 07:52 AM

I knew when you said:

[ QUOTE ]
sweet

[/ QUOTE ]

you really meant "not sweet". For a person who is the moral crusader for human rights you sure are quick to jump to the defense of those who broadcast genocide to their children:

[ QUOTE ]
Farfour...: Sanabel, what should we do if we want to liberate...

Sanable: We want to fight.

Farfour: We got that. What else?

Saraa: We want to...

Sanabel: We will annihilate the Jews.

Saraa: We are defending Al-Aqsa with our souls and our blood, aren't we, Sanabel?

Sanabel: I will commit martyrdom.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-11-2007, 10:29 AM

wtf coco,

I was saying it was sweet that the show was going to get taken off. Why are you trying to be a dick?
Old 05-11-2007, 11:02 AM

I post an update that the TV station will continue broadcasting this bile.

Your response was: I wonder how Israel will EXPLOIT this?

So your initial joy over the cancellation of the show is seemingly disingenuous.

That is all.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:27 PM

It seems to me, that the broadcasting of such material to young Palestinian minds, is similar to the type of attitude you might find in certain bible camps and churches, i.e. the one found in the documentary 'Jesus Camp'. 'Join God's army, or go to hell' = 'Fight for a Palestinian state, or don't get into paradise'.

Also the attitude that the entire Middle East should be obliterated, is no less aggressive than the opinion that a land that they believe to be theirs, be given back to them, by force if necessary.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:44 PM

Why all the hate on the "kill 'em all" crowd here. I mean I could see if you were opposed to all death (though I'd disagree) or if you were preaching isolationism for the USA (this I'd agree on), but denying moral supremacy doesn't make much sense to me.

Though I disagree with the term "Moral supremacy", I don't disagree with the concept. Some cultures are just better. I know a whole generation has been raised to believe the everything is relitive and there's no such thing as better, but this simply isn't true. Some cultures are just better, more "evolved" if you will.

Rule of law and protection of minorities is BETTER then Autocracy and Theocracy
Freedom (though admittedly not enough) for homosexuals is BETTER then beheading them
Protection of minorites is BETTER
Equality of the sexes is BETTER

If your idea of a good friday is beheadings for homosexuality or Adultery and getting stoned in your culture is a bad thing, then yes your bringing up the rear society wise, and your culture is due for an enlightenment.

Moral: Don't be so tolerant that you tolerate intolerance.

Freedom and "morality" such as it is, stems from the idea that everyone is sovergin and gives their consent (that sounds you here is 10,000 ACers hitting the reply button), and those cultures don't allow anything close to that freedom.

Probably no need to "nuke the whole area", but it seems very naive to assume that every culture is the same. The Nazi example is off because the Jews were made to suffer based on lies and misinformation, whereas people are claiming "moral superiority" based on the exhibited culture actions of the group as a whole.

EDIT: Bonus point if you know who I stole a part of this from. Hint: Comedian

Cody
Old 05-12-2007, 09:56 PM

RT,

Nothing you said justifies murdering members of the muslim faith or arabic or palestinian ethnicity. If you think that it does, then you are morally inferior to me, and I will kill you.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
RT,

Nothing you said justifies murdering members of the muslim faith or arabic or palestinian ethnicity. If you think that it does, then you are morally inferior to me, and I will kill you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Justifies? You must have me confused with someone that agrees with that "nuke 'em" crowd. I was commenting on the "moral superiority" thing.

Cody
Old 05-13-2007, 12:16 AM

The Palestinians play to win. I respect them for that, if not for anything else.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Palestinians play to win. I respect them for that, if not for anything else.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9gnMiF2kUZGSnUB_lKjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN 0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=12m37ps9s/EXP=1179116278/**http%3A//www.aceonsports.com/uploaded_images/herm_edwards-759888.jpg[/img]
Cody