Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 10:37 PM

Default Re: Brag: UFC 75

[ QUOTE ]
the guy who scored it 30-27 was cecil peoples

if you know who cecil peoples is youre probably just gonna lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh. No. The British judge scored it 30-27 Hamill and Peoples and the other judge scored it 29-28 Bisping.

Also, I rewatched hte fight today and the fight is closer than I remember it. I originally scored it 29-28 Hamill, but I didn't think 29-28 Bisping was a travesty. After rewatching it, the fight could go either way or a draw depending on what you're looking for as a judge.

Also, Hamill did absolutely nothing with his takedowns. It wasn't exactly LNP, but it was completely ineffective. I did a more in-depth anaylsis in the UFC 75 Sporting Events thread if anyone's interested.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:39 PM

yah yah yah i heard the rumor that it was peoples and then it was disproved. i cant edit my post after posting so blah blah meow chow

ill try to find the retarded interview that peoples gave as to why he scored it that way
Old 09-10-2007, 10:43 PM

The other judge posted a response as to why he scored it 29-28 and he saw a lot of the same things I saw when I rewatched it.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:49 PM

you mean this? http://mmajunkie.com/2007/09/10/ufc-...-hamill-score/

http://www.thefightnetwork.com/news_detail.php?nid=4792
“The reason I gave Bisping the second round was first, Hamill was beginning to run out of gas after the first round,” says Peoples. “Bisping fought like he wanted that fight. He came back aggressive [from the first round]. Hamill did take him down, but he did nothing with the takedown. Overall, Bisping was more aggressive. Hamill just held him down. Bisping’s punching was more effective.”
Old 09-10-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hamill got robbed because they want to highly publicize the UFC overseas obv. What a joke. One judge had it 30-27 Hamill and somehow the other two come up with 29-28 Bisbing.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the worst decision i've ever seen in the ufc, i hope hamill can bounce back, because it must feel like [censored] having an awesome fight and than getting punched in the nuts after it's over by the judges.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:12 PM

Edd,

Yeah, that mmajunkie article linked to this post on the Underground from Mullen:

"Hello to everyone on the Underground. I have been reading the underground for years. I used to post quite a bit. Then I decided it would be better for me to stay out of all the arguments. I want to thank all of you guys for being so nice to me through the years. I have seen almost no negative posts about me here until now. I first started judging the UFC in 1996. I have been judging UFC almost twice as long as any other active judge. I am a former kick boxer and have been training grappling for 13 years. I am not here to argue with any of you or tell you that your opinion is wrong. I am only going to tell you why I judged the fight the way I did. Watch the fight again and turn off the sound. Commentary can color what you see. No doubt Hamill dominated the 1st. He hurt Bisping with a right hand right off the bat and again near the end of the round. He out scored Bisping and busted him up. It was a very impressive round for Hamill but still a 10-9 round. Not dominate enough for a 10-8. Watch the beginning of the second round closely. When Hamill throws the jab, Bisping slips the punch and hits him with his own counter jab. It is hard to see on camera because Hamill's back is to the camera. His back was also to Goldie who was talking like the beginning of this round was like a continuation of the 1st. If you look you will see that Hamill is facing me giving me a clear view of what is landing. Bisping was landing the jab again and again and not getting hit. Hamill got 2 takedowns in rounds 2 and 3 but did very little with them. Bisping is using an active guard trying to turn for armbars and sweeps, Hamill is doing very little on top. Bisping is keeping him from scoring or improving his position. In the 3rd round Bisping actually lands more punchesd from the bottom than Hamill does from the top. In both the 2nd and 3rd rounds Bisping does more scoring. Striking. Under pride style scoring Hamill would have won. He did more damage, but it was all in the 1st round. By 10 point must system Bisping won the fight 2 rounds to 1 . 29-28 Bisping. Sometime the angle you see the fight effects your decision. That is why they put the judges on 3 different sides. BY THE WAY MARIO YAMASAKI THOUGHT BISPING WON ROUNDS 2 AND 3 ALSO. MARIO WAS THE REF AND HAD A BETTER VIEW THAN ANY OF US. I have never taken a payoff as some of you have suggested and never will. You may not agree with my decision but please don't question my honesty. Thank you Jeff Mullen"

Bolded for emphasis by me.

This is something that I noticed upon rewatching the fight. The view is almost exclusively from behind Hamill and I really think it diminishes what Bisping was doing on his feet.

Again, I think this fight can go either way. People saying this is the "biggest travesty in UFC history" are way off though.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:50 AM

this decision was terrible.

that thread on the UG forum had like 50 billion intelligent questions which were never answered by Jeff. The most poweful punches in the later rounds were hamill's headlock punches. He would get bisping in a standing headlock type thing and bash his head in. Neither fighter did more damage than that with any other strikes. bisping threw some pretty combos that looked and sounded awesome because the crowd went AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH, but he only landed like 4-5 punches. Judges influenced by the crowd like a goddam amatuer. Hamill got takedowns, had more damage done, and most importantly he didnt run away like a little girl. Bisping freaking backpedalled the entire fight. 'Octagon control', anyone?

Yeah, this is still top 3 worst decisions in UFC history.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:30 PM

This

[ QUOTE ]
he most poweful punches in the later rounds were hamill's headlock punches. He would get bisping in a standing headlock type thing and bash his head in.

[/ QUOTE ]

and

[ QUOTE ]
bisping threw some pretty combos that looked and sounded awesome because the crowd went AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH, but he only landed like 4-5 punches.

[/ QUOTE ]

show me that you either a) have a bias against Bisping and/or b) haven't watched the fight. Hamill didn't use the headlock/punch combo in the third round. The second part is just flat out wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
Judges influenced by the crowd like a goddam amatuer.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

[ QUOTE ]
Hamill got takedowns...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is neutralized when you do nothing while your opponent is not only active, but gets up out of every takedown.

[ QUOTE ]
...had more damage done...

[/ QUOTE ]

Overall? Yes. In every round? No.

[ QUOTE ]
...and most importantly he didnt run away like a little girl. Bisping freaking backpedalled the entire fight. 'Octagon control', anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

From the NJ unified rules:

"Fighting area control is judged by determining who is dictating the pace, location and position of the bout."

Neither fighter dictated the pace, IMO. Hamill tried to take the fight to the ground, but couldn't keep it there. Finally, Bisping didn't backpedal, he circled. He circled and stepped forward to attempt strikes.

Like Mullen said, under Pride judging, this fight is a pretty clear win for Hamill. It isn't, and the fight really exposes the flaws in the 10-point must.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:03 PM

Eddie Bravo on Bisping/Hamill:

"The [Hamill-Bisping] fight was very difficult to score with the 10-point must system in place. If you go by the traditional way of scoring a fight with takedowns being a huge factor in the scoring, then Hamill clearly won. But if you score the fights based only on damage done, and only count takedowns if some decent ground and pound follows, then no one won. Hamill did no real damage after the takedowns.

All the [arguing] and bickering about what happened in the fight is just another glaring reminder that the 10-point scoring system is seriously flawed.

The fight should have been a draw."
Old 09-12-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the guy who scored it 30-27 was cecil peoples

if you know who cecil peoples is youre probably just gonna lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I literally lol'd when I read that the first time.