Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2006, 10:37 PM

Default Re: Ohhhh Artichoke Joes... will you EVER learn? (trip report part deu

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nice repot.

[ QUOTE ]

A while later, I limp with A9d and call the raise of the player on my left, with whom i've been chatting it up over most of the session. I gather that he's a fairly good regular, perhaps playing this game for an income. When I say fairly good, I don't mean as good as me, I mean good compared to the rest of these goons. Anyhow, I head to the flop OOP with A9d (I think theres another dude or two in the pot, as usual). Flop comes 9x4c2c, I check-call $160 or $240 or something. Turn Kx, I lead for $360 or $400 or something. He calls. Uh oh, I think I know whats about to happen. I think he's about to get pwned. River is an offsuit 3. I check, he bets $500 or so, and I raise $1500 on top.

[/ QUOTE ]

Curious as to what you hand you put him on here.

[/ QUOTE ]

one pair, probably TT+ or AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. one decent pair or some sort of big draw, both of which may well bet the river, but neither of which can call a c/r.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nice repot.

[ QUOTE ]

A while later, I limp with A9d and call the raise of the player on my left, with whom i've been chatting it up over most of the session. I gather that he's a fairly good regular, perhaps playing this game for an income. When I say fairly good, I don't mean as good as me, I mean good compared to the rest of these goons. Anyhow, I head to the flop OOP with A9d (I think theres another dude or two in the pot, as usual). Flop comes 9x4c2c, I check-call $160 or $240 or something. Turn Kx, I lead for $360 or $400 or something. He calls. Uh oh, I think I know whats about to happen. I think he's about to get pwned. River is an offsuit 3. I check, he bets $500 or so, and I raise $1500 on top.

[/ QUOTE ]

Curious as to what you hand you put him on here.

[/ QUOTE ]

one pair, probably TT+ or AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. one decent pair or some sort of big draw, both of which may well bet the river, but neither of which can call a c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know talking strategy in BBV is generally frowned upon, and I don't play much live, but how often does AK fold here? And how often does TT call the turn? I probably would have check-called the river to pick off a busted draw.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know talking strategy in BBV is generally frowned upon, and I don't play much live, but how often does AK fold here? And how often does TT call the turn? I probably would have check-called the river to pick off a busted draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

live higher-stakes games can definitely get loco. I had a pretty decent read on the dude as being weak on the turn when he just called, but he was also primed to try and play back at me/make some moves. I was quite confident that my river raise wouldn't get called. Also, raising him on the river serves to
a) severely demoralize him
b) keep from showing my hand
c) scare the rest of the table too

at this point, after having played there a few times and pretty much only shown down monsters (except the AQ thing, lol) I want to do all I can to keep up the "I always have a monster" vibe among the other players. If they're scared of me, then I will take all of their money.

also, i just like river c/r's a lot, because they're super sexy.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Ohhhh Artichoke Joes... will you EVER learn? (trip report part deux)

Great tripreports.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:55 AM

Default Re: Ohhhh Artichoke Joes... will you EVER learn? (trip report part deux)

" I argue that I should get the extra chip because I had 2 pair also, but he got it because he was in earlier position. His straight was longer too, as pointed out by some other players. Whatever.
"

was my fav part, entertaining read.