Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2007, 09:41 AM

Default Re: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind???

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious as to why anyone thought this movie sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just didn't entertain me and found it boring tbh. the whole concept was ridiculous and contrived and I didn't really warm to any of the characters. Winslet's character was particularly irritating.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought Kate Winslett's character was really annoying. Everything else was pretty good, but couldn't make up was how much I disliked her character.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i really hated her too. a lot.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jim Carrey "hasn't been in any great movies"

[/ QUOTE ]

JackWilson,

Dumb and Dumber
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
Ace Ventura II: When Nature Calls
The Cable Guy

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, you're joking right?
Old 05-06-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ace ventura is amusing, ESOTSM is great movie. There is a difference. It is great kind of like how 50 first dates is great. You go in expecting one thing, and then suddenly, you are watching a really gripping, funny, fantastic movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the craziest line I have ever read on OOT. Good unintentional humor.

Eternal Sunshine is the goods. It and Lost and Translation were like an addiction of mine for about a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

im not claiming that ESOTSM is more entertaining than ace ventura, or that most ppl won't prefer AV over eternal, I'm simply saying that ES is a real movie, and AV is a "it's so retarded its ****in hiralious movie"

and to all you 50 first date haters, wtf.

I guess you are too manly to like good movies.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:25 PM

I hate movies, so...

Yeah, I hated this movie too. Really boring. No purpose. Why am I watching this? It doesn't entertain me and it's not good enough to make me think. Next.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:34 PM

I liked this movie and thought it was good, but this is one of those movies that annoys the [censored] out of me when people talk about it, cuz everyone makes it a point to talk about how great the movie is and how much they loved it and how meaningful it was and blah blah blah. I don't get why "different" weird movies are like this (donnie darko is a great example), its like if you go on and on about how great it was you are somehow awesome because you understood it. (for fun sometime, ask someone what about the movie had such an impact on them, and why did it move them? The answers from most people are hillarious "uh, erm, uhm, cuz it was just done really really well").
Old 05-07-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I liked this movie and thought it was good, but this is one of those movies that annoys the [censored] out of me when people talk about it, cuz everyone makes it a point to talk about how great the movie is and how much they loved it and how meaningful it was and blah blah blah. I don't get why "different" weird movies are like this (donnie darko is a great example), its like if you go on and on about how great it was you are somehow awesome because you understood it. (for fun sometime, ask someone what about the movie had such an impact on them, and why did it move them? The answers from most people are hillarious "uh, erm, uhm, cuz it was just done really really well").

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i can appreciate that...however, just to play devil's advocate, ANYTHING that is different that comes out of hollywood should at least be given some amount of respect for not being the remake of the same 5 movies over and over again.

To me, almost anything different is good.