Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2007, 09:00 AM

Default Re: De Villepin

Id just like to add that according to BBC radio 4 Iran is selling oil to China at a very nice rate in return for diplomatic protection. China is blocking UN resolutions against Iran allowing them to put two fingers up to the international community with out fear of retaliation. I think China might have something to say about any US attempt to disrupt its energy security.
link
Old 02-08-2007, 09:25 AM

Default Re: Why are we losing all these choppers in Iraq?

according to Iraqslogger, the Iraqi's have gotten some advanced anti-air -

go here for a better and more detailed explaination.

rb
Old 02-08-2007, 12:44 PM

Default Re: What to do? Easy....

[ QUOTE ]
Have we been attacked by those who would be working in the oil fields of Iran during this bombing you envision?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not interested in chasing your red herrings. State your point directly.....if you have one.

The govt of Iran using the cash from their oil fields to fund Hezbollah and fund insurgents who are killing Americans in Iraq. Stopping their source of cash will save Americans military lives. This should be the USA's first priority. Iranian oil workers may get killed but American lives will be saved. Again if the choice is a living American soldier or a living Iranian oil worker......I choose the American soldier.

There is a LONG precident in war in attacking a countries means to make war....despite inflicting collateral damage on non combatents. You can bomb their factories, you can bomb their oil fields, you can bomb their bridges, you can bomb their trains, you can bomb their ships, etc.... even if it may result in civilian deaths. You can't fight a war without some civilian deaths. A friend of mine told me a story about his father in WW2. He was a Pole that was sent to Germany to work on a farm for food production to feed the German Army. His last day of work on the farm occurred in 1944 while he was driving a tractor to plow a field. An American fighter came along on a strafing run. He jumped off the tractor and started running. The pilot shot the tractor to pieces and left him alone. If he chose to stay on that tractor, he would have been dead. This is 100% legal.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think China might have something to say about any US attempt to disrupt its energy security.

[/ QUOTE ]
First oil is a fungible product. China is not limited to Iran for their oil source.

Second what can China do if the USA bombs the Iranian oil field? Lodge a complaint to the UN? Big deal.... Attack the USA? Don't make me laugh. China may get mad but screw them. American security trumps their hurt feelings...
Old 02-08-2007, 01:59 PM

Perpetual war anybody?

People need to wake up and throw the brakes on this admin before we are at war with Russia and China.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not interested in chasing your red herrings. State your point directly.....if you have one.

[/ QUOTE ]
Red herring? You totally butchered the analogy you made.

[ QUOTE ]
Stopping their source of cash will save Americans military lives.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bringing them back would save their lives too.

[ QUOTE ]
There is a LONG precident in war in attacking a countries means to make war....despite inflicting collateral damage on non combatents.

[/ QUOTE ]
Simply because there's a precedent doesn't mean it's justified.

[ QUOTE ]
You can't fight a war without some civilian deaths.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course you can. You won't have any civilian deaths fighting a defensive war.

[ QUOTE ]
He was a Pole that was sent to Germany to work on a farm for food production to feed the German Army. His last day of work on the farm occurred in 1944 while he was driving a tractor to plow a field. An American fighter came along on a strafing run. He jumped off the tractor and started running. The pilot shot the tractor to pieces and left him alone. If he chose to stay on that tractor, he would have been dead. This is 100% legal.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure it's legal......when it's the winners doing it. Simply because something is "legal" doesn't mean it is morally justified.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have we been attacked by those who would be working in the oil fields of Iran during this bombing you envision?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It seemed pretty direct to me. You compared it to Bart swinging his fist after lisa kicked him in the junk. If we "drop our bombs" and oil fields and the workers who work in them just "happen to be there" then the obvious question is "were we kicked in the junk by the oil fields or the workers"?

Yes or no.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:38 PM

Default Re: Why are we losing all these choppers in Iraq?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2. The insurgants got a hold of some surface to air missiles. I recall hearing a report that the insurgants made a video of one of one of the downings. On the video, there was a sound of a missle being launched.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the case. Who do you think supplied the missles and what should we do about it?

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]

Decent shot that some of them could be traced to having been made in the US.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If they choose to stay, then that is there problem...not ours.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is this the Simpson's theory of morality?

Bart: I'm going to go like this...(rotates arms)... and if you get hit, it's your own fault.
Lisa: Fine, I'm gonna start kicking air like this (Starts kicking the air)... and if any part of you should fill that air, it's your own fault.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is more accurate.
Bart is picking on Maggie for no reason
Lisa: Bart is that a dollar on the ceiling?
Bart: <looks up> Uggg! <Lisa just kicks him in the balls>
Bart: I'm going to go like this...(rotates arms)... and if millhouse get hit, it's your own fault.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-08-2007, 06:51 PM

Yes, they aided in the production of oil.
The oil was used to fund insurgents and terrorism which resulted in American deaths. No oil....no money to buy arms to kill Americans.