FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 02:28 PM

Default Re: beat: douchey math teacher doesnt understand math (mspaint fun ins

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
what the christ
Old 10-22-2007, 02:28 PM

yeah according to ur teacher u can compress matter into an infinitely small space and the pressure is ~4 Pa

somebody alert stephen hawking
Old 10-22-2007, 02:31 PM

stephen hawking is a cheeky man imo
Old 10-22-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
that first answer is the only one that is even in the ballpark

[/ QUOTE ]

yah, well it asked to explain. My explanation for the first one was that the balloon has been filled and therefore has both pressure and volume. As it is squeezed the volume decreases (this is how they wrote it atleast) and the pressure increase. The balloon will pop at somepoint above (p,0) and therefore the line stops.

The second one was the same explanation, however I thought the reason I had gotten it wrong the first time was because I didnt show the balloon being filled with air before it was squeezed. I actually mspainted it wrong. On the test the line started at (0,0) and then increased in both pressure and volume, then it continued on like my first graph from there going down then stopping at some point above (p,0)

So I think actually my second one is possibly the more correct, but either is way better than what docuhey mcdouchedouche had.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:36 PM

Please tell me you didn't pass the test without getting a credit for this, else you are care waying too much and drinking way too less.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:38 PM

sorry this is what I actually put for my second graph.

Old 10-22-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yah, well it asked to explain. My explanation for the first one was that the balloon has been filled and therefore has both pressure and volume. As it is squeezed the volume decreases (this is how they wrote it atleast) and the pressure increase. The balloon will pop at somepoint above (p,0) and therefore the line stops.

The second one was the same explanation, however I thought the reason I had gotten it wrong the first time was because I didnt show the balloon being filled with air before it was squeezed. I actually mspainted it wrong. On the test the line started at (0,0) and then increased in both pressure and volume, then it continued on like my first graph from there going down then stopping at some point above (p,0)

So I think actually my second one is possibly the more correct, but either is way better than what docuhey mcdouchedouche had.

[/ QUOTE ]

[] you are smart
Old 10-22-2007, 02:40 PM

<nit> Technically there won't be zero pressure even at the start since you aren't in a vaccuum</nit>
Old 10-22-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please tell me you didn't pass the test without getting a credit for this, else you are care waying too much and drinking way too less.

[/ QUOTE ]

well I passed just fine, but this was just one of the more blatant examples of his retardation. There are other examples, I can give you more if you want. Also the fact that he cannot in any way acknowledge that hes wrong is really frustrating. I havent taken any math class in several years, so a refresher course is nice. Im paying good money for this [censored], why accept a substandard teacher?
Old 10-22-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
ur second one is way bad because its a graph of p vs. v and ur trying to graph time duration

if u wanted to include the air filling in the graph u need a third axis for time