FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 1 v. 8
A. Jolie 62 83.78%
C. Theron 12 16.22%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2006, 11:19 PM

Default Re: *** Official NCAA Football Week of 9/16 Thread ***

I like the Irish vs. UM due to one incontrovertible fact:

Ty Willingham, one of the worst head coaches in the nation, outcoached 3 Loss Llloyd Carr 2 out of 3 times. Despite both teams having about even talent on paper, which most analysts agree is the case, I don't see Carr out-coaching or out-preparing Weis this week. That said, this is a rivalry game and pretty much all the rules go out the window. I see the Irish winning a close, hard fought game.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:50 AM

I'm going to the Illinois-Syracuse game.

I'm sure you all are jealous.
Old 09-16-2006, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'll begin: <font color="blue"> Go Blue</font>. I've been in South Bend for the last two times (2002 &amp; 2004) we played them there, and that certainly didn't turn out well (despite the fact, IMO, we had vastly superior teams -- particularly in 2004). So I'm staying at home for this one. Hopefully U of M's South-Bend-karma is somehow reversed by my lack of presence in the stadium.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be there for my Irish. Will be sitting 4 rows behind the ND bench around the 45 yard line and cheering at the top of my lungs. Notre Dame is going to stomp Michigan. Sorry, man but it's not going to matter if you're home or there watching. Michigan is outclassed, out gunned, and out coached. They have NO shot at winning this game.
Old 09-16-2006, 07:35 AM

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] your avatar.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The problem in the past for Leak hasnt been because of good secondary but rather good DL combined with a mediocre O-line. The UF O-line this year is young, but they seem to be coming together well and definitely have some talent. Harrell playing with a torn bicep doesnt speak well for UT, because I just cant see how a DL can be effective with a torn bicep. Course he'll be all hopped on painkillers so maybe that will help mitigate it some but that wont make the torn muscle any more functional. Whats your prediction for the game Pirateboy? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It does speak well for UT. Dan Brooks had the same injury when he played, and he said you can be as effective as normal. Harrell will play out of his mind for his last game in orange. I've read about the torn bicep injury and with the proper brace and everything (obviously) he will be able to do what he does. Does that change the entire landscape of this game? Absolutely not.

This game, like many rivalry games, isn't about stats. Leak's past performances against good Ds doesn't mean he won't carve Tennessee up tomorrow. He very well could.

My unbiased sports betting prediction is UT 21, UF 20

It could just as easily be the other way around. I don't think either team is running away with this one. I will say this: A lot of Florida fans (not the ones in this thread or site) are feeling like you all will manhandle us. It won't happen. Our DL will eat your OL for lunch, and the same will happen with your excellent DL. Should be a classic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep in mind that Florida runs an offense somewhat similar to Air Force's, at least in terms of what they attempt to do to the defense. Tenn was getting out of position a lot against USAFA and got 31 points hung on them as a result.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, no they don't.

Air Force runs the triple option from the flexbone. If Tim Tebow was playing the entire game, you might be at least somewhat close. With Tebow next season, the Gators will run the spread option, which is close but not the same. Florida's gameplan under Meyer with Leak at quarterback is nowhere even in the same stratosphere to what Air Force does. Not even remotely close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow you completely missed my point. But thats ok, I didnt expect much from a Vol anyhow. You can go back to watching Jeff Foxworthy now. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhhhhhhhhh Florida week! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2006, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The problem in the past for Leak hasnt been because of good secondary but rather good DL combined with a mediocre O-line. The UF O-line this year is young, but they seem to be coming together well and definitely have some talent. Harrell playing with a torn bicep doesnt speak well for UT, because I just cant see how a DL can be effective with a torn bicep. Course he'll be all hopped on painkillers so maybe that will help mitigate it some but that wont make the torn muscle any more functional. Whats your prediction for the game Pirateboy? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It does speak well for UT. Dan Brooks had the same injury when he played, and he said you can be as effective as normal. Harrell will play out of his mind for his last game in orange. I've read about the torn bicep injury and with the proper brace and everything (obviously) he will be able to do what he does. Does that change the entire landscape of this game? Absolutely not.

This game, like many rivalry games, isn't about stats. Leak's past performances against good Ds doesn't mean he won't carve Tennessee up tomorrow. He very well could.

My unbiased sports betting prediction is UT 21, UF 20

It could just as easily be the other way around. I don't think either team is running away with this one. I will say this: A lot of Florida fans (not the ones in this thread or site) are feeling like you all will manhandle us. It won't happen. Our DL will eat your OL for lunch, and the same will happen with your excellent DL. Should be a classic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep in mind that Florida runs an offense somewhat similar to Air Force's, at least in terms of what they attempt to do to the defense. Tenn was getting out of position a lot against USAFA and got 31 points hung on them as a result.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, no they don't.

Air Force runs the triple option from the flexbone. If Tim Tebow was playing the entire game, you might be at least somewhat close. With Tebow next season, the Gators will run the spread option, which is close but not the same. Florida's gameplan under Meyer with Leak at quarterback is nowhere even in the same stratosphere to what Air Force does. Not even remotely close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow you completely missed my point. But thats ok, I didnt expect much from a Vol anyhow. You can go back to watching Jeff Foxworthy now. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhhhhhhhhh Florida week! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, a Vols fan with a sense of humor that isnt limited to fart jokes! Ive seen everything now! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2006, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to the Illinois-Syracuse game.

I'm sure you all are jealous.

[/ QUOTE ]

My sympathies. They should have paid you to go.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:23 PM

Fat [censored] and the Catholics are goin down today.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:44 PM

Cincy up 7-3. I smell upset.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:45 PM

Cincinatti - 7
Ohio St. - 3

Late in the 1st quarter.

I know its early in the game but top college teams have been known to lay stinkers after big wins.

EDIT: Anyone else think its BS that all the big games are on at the same time? I was looking forward to a whole day of wholesome college football goodness.