Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 12:08 PM

Default Re: SEC football > all other football

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
anyway, the SEC may have top to bottom the best depth in the nation, but the top 5 in the pac 10 >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;> the top 5 in any other conference in the country. if you disagree you're a [censored] moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree. SEC wins that argument. I'd be more than willing to place a prop bet on conference bowl games. SEC has bigger and faster athletes, but it is close.

[/ QUOTE ]

there are no sec v pac 10 bowl games or i'd be more than down
Old 10-29-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Who did the #1 team in the country play non conference? Noone, and the Big 10 sucks this year.

SEC teams don't have to play tough non conference games because their conference is so tough top to bottom.

Pac-10 is also a very strong conference this year. SEC is 1, Pac-10 is 2, then its a pretty big dropoff imo.

[/ QUOTE ]
You know why all this stuff is believed to be true? Because people simply say it is without looking at anything else, especially the whole SEC doesn't have to play touch non-conference games because their conference is so good. What a crock of [censored]. The big imo at the end of your post kind of proves this. I'm not saying the SEC isn't the best conference, the may well turn out to be, but people trumpeting it right now honestly don't know. Nobody really knows in college football. The SEC could be the best conference by far and it would still be overrated just because everyone down here blows it so hard.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:12 PM

just so it's clear, there was 1 game played this year between the pac 10 and the sec. i wonder how that turned out...
Old 10-29-2007, 12:18 PM

i just remembered how deep the pac 10 is, so i might've beenn wrong in my previous posts. Even Stanford can cover a 41 point spread. I just can't remember which still overrated #1 team they beat @ the time...
Old 10-29-2007, 01:45 PM

The reason the SEC is the best conference is that each of those teams is playing at 110% every. single. game. 2/3 of the schedules of most teams are SERIOUS INTENSE rivelries with a century of tradition/hate for each other. Teams like Ohio State get to roll over teams like Kent State for most of their season. It's not really their fault, but they just don't have the same competition.

The 1 loss FL team dismantling undefeated OSU last year should demonstrate the point enough. The PAC 10 is a lot better than it used to be, but with USC losing (especially to stanford) it's not close to the SEC.

Incidently, the ACC has a ton of promise for like 2 years from now imo. UNC's current coach built the Coker dynasty teams, as soon as Bowden dies or retires and Miami rebuilds it's gonna be a really good conference.

Oh yeah, does Lloyd Carr get fired at the end of this season if they beat OSU? What if they lose?
Old 10-29-2007, 02:08 PM

Drawing on arguments last year about why UF should have been in the championship game over Michigan...

UF played 4 ranked teams, all of whom were top 13.

Of the bad/not SEC teams they had to play, those teams had: 8 wins, 3, 7, 6, 8, 4, 7, 2, 6 wins. In other words, about 2/3rds .500+ teams

OSU played 4 ranked opponents, two of whom were number 13 and 24 when they played them.

The rest of the teams were 7 wins, 7, 4, 4, 5, 6, 2, 3. Ie 3 teams that were .500 or better.

Point is, UF's schedule was harder not only against ranked teams, but also against the crappy teams. I'm sure the same would probabl hold out against a comparison of USC's schedule, or any other PAC 10 team.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i was born in columbus, ohio, and I'm a buckeye for life. But honestly, I think they'd be even money at best against Auburn. In terms of ability, they are barely a top 10 team. really, who are ur top 5 teams, if they did a 16 team playoff-type system?

1. LSU
2. Oklahoma
3. Oregon
4. Florida
5. Georgia

Do you really think The Ohio State would be favored over any of these teams?

[/ QUOTE ]

On a neutral field, OSU would be at least a 7 pt favorite over UGA.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:43 PM

i think we (sec + acc) can agree that the big ten is overrated in football and basketball
Old 10-29-2007, 02:57 PM

last yr. OSU basketball was the obv 2nd nuts.

I would take serious action @ even money against OSU v. UGA
Old 10-29-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think we (sec + acc) can agree that the big ten is overrated in football and basketball

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, how is Roy treating you?