Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Re: I was attacked. Really weak sauce here.

perhaps a well placed brick through the window? or maybe through that of her car? hell, molotov ftw!

seriously though, people suck, and there's not an awful lot you can do about it, short of killing them all. Rache ist Blut, as the germans say, and if it's not worth drawing blood over, then it's not worth bothering with at all.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Stuey is right about it being lame that you got in a yelling fight with the worker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't yell at anyone. And FTR, this is the same girl who signed me up and told me about the cancellation process.

Again, I didn't yell. I was nearly sedated from an exhausting cardio session.

Edit: I got her mad by pointing out in short order how obvious the BS cancellation method was. And using words she didn't know the meaning of, either.

I think she realized that the cancellation procedure was BS, and that no one in the company has prescribed a reason for this new procedure, so she was left to defend it with no defense. Make sense?

She still didn't have to throw a bottle of water at me.

[/ QUOTE ]doesn't matter if you yelled at her or not. It's pointless to complain to someone that can't do a thing about it. Yes, she was wrong to throw something at you, but you were also wrong to set her off for no reason. She was probably more wrong, however, there's no reason to be in that position in the first place.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a hangover, and am not up to reading all of the posts, so I'm sorry if any of this is redundant.

I own and operate three businesses (yes, it's a brag--whatever), and we rely heavily on contracts. Particularly the cancellation clause.

Whatever your contract says is what you need to abide by. Don't even begin to let them tell you to do anything else. Dispute any and all charges with your bank. This is a serious no-brainer.

As for her throwing that water at you, I would write a letter to whatever entity appears on your contract, STRONGLY suggesting someone contact you back about "this matter," then I would ask for a settlement of AT LEAST all of the money you spent with them. Tell them you have a witness, and if they fail to respond, fake a lawyer letter.

F*ck these people. What a bunch of assh*les.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Stuey is right about it being lame that you got in a yelling fight with the worker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't yell at anyone. And FTR, this is the same girl who signed me up and told me about the cancellation process.

Edit: I got her mad by pointing out in short order how obvious the BS cancellation method was. And using words she didn't know the meaning of, either.

I think she realized that the cancellation procedure was BS, and that no one in the company has prescribed a reason for this new procedure, so she was left to defend it with no defense. Make sense?

[/ QUOTE ]doesn't matter if you yelled at her or not. It's pointless to complain to someone that can't do a thing about it. Yes, she was wrong to throw something at you, but you were also wrong to set her off for no reason. She was probably more wrong, however, there's no reason to be in that position in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

why not, she was the one who signed him up for the contract in the 1st place!!!
Old 05-08-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
doesn't matter if you yelled at her or not. It's pointless to complain to someone that can't do a thing about it. Yes, she was wrong to throw something at you, but you were also wrong to set her off for no reason. She was probably more wrong, however, there's no reason to be in that position in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

if she has a job that signs people up for contracts and is in customer service, she very much is in a position to hear about customer complaints. she doesnt just get to hear about the good parts of the contracts and get the money side of it. as long as txredman was polite, there is no problem and about bringing complaints about service.

and txredman didnt set her off. only she can set herself off. noone can make me throw a bottle at anyone else except myself.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
doesn't matter if you yelled at her or not. It's pointless to complain to someone that can't do a thing about it. Yes, she was wrong to throw something at you, but you were also wrong to set her off for no reason. She was probably more wrong, however, there's no reason to be in that position in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

if she has a job that signs people up for contracts and is in customer service, she very much is in a position to hear about customer complaints. she doesnt just get to hear about the good parts of the contracts and get the money side of it. as long as txredman was polite, there is no problem and about bringing complaints about service.

and txredman didnt set her off. only she can set herself off. noone can make me throw a bottle at anyone else except myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right on all counts.

I also think it's seriously stupid to assault people you don't think you'd be willing to take a punch in the face from. Don't throw bottles, dishes, fists, whatever, if you don't think equal violence in return isn't completely fair and expected in return. No one has a right to violent freebies. That's morally disgusting.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

zeebo, you do realize that i was in the same office i signed the contract in initially, talking to the same woman who sat across the table from me when i signed the contract, the same woman who explained the cancellation procedure to me?

also, i'm the customer. i have a right to vocalize my complaints.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:02 PM

Default update

Got a call from the GM this morning, didn't get to my cell phone, but reached him this afternoon.

Was totally honest with the guy, and he said "as you probably expect, i'm getting two very conflicting stories"

I told him that it's frustrating they would change their policy to one that makes it considerably more difficult for members to cancel, and that both he and I knew that the only reason they changed the policy was b/c fewer people will send a certified letter to cancel.

He apologized, and I was 100% honest with him- including me most likely being an a-hole customer who wanted someone to listen to his complaint, and I think my honesty about my part in this made him believe that she really did chunk a bottle of water at me. I'm under the impression that these two women told him I came in being a total prick and using foul language and then chunked my bottle of water on the floor.

However, one of them, on my way out, made it clear she was going to say I threw a bottle of water into their office. I think I circumvented some of their BS when I went into detail with the GM.

In the end, he knew that this lady flipped for no reason, but most importantly- I think he realized that sometimes changing policies mid-contract and creating BS policies can have a severe back lash that results in loss of customers and a bad reputation for the club.

I was able to cancel my membership over the phone, with the GM, fwiw.

Something to note here: myself, my father, and I believe my sister, too, have been members of this club on and off for the last ten years. We've never had any problems before, sans the terrible soft rock they play. They're struggling imo, b/c they've lowered rates and competition has sprung up all over East Dallas.

Anyways, It's not over. If anyone asks me about this place I'll be sure to tell them how they treat you once they have your money.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:47 AM

Default Re: update

[ QUOTE ]
I'm under the impression that I came in being a total prick and using foul language and then chunked my bottle of water on the floor.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's all I read form your post
Old 05-09-2007, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

a few days later i got a message from someone at the gym saying they could waive their freezing fee and "let us know if you still want to cancel." it sounded as if they werent going to honor my letter and wanted a return phone call in order to cancel.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't sound like that to me at all.
It sounds like they read your complaint and actually listened and tried to do something about it.

When somebody puts down a 'reason' they are cancelling that's kind of an invitation to the company to address that problem.

And they seemed pretty polite about it too.
It was pretty much like, "Well, if that's the only problem then we would be happy to fix that for you. However, if you still want to cancel then obviously you can do that too."

TxRedMan - some of the big words and tone, etc might have come off as incredibly condescending.
I'm not defending her actions at all. She's ridiculous.
But it doesn't seem like, "Hey, I just politely and briefly explaind my viewpoint and then left."
I'm guessing it was in the condescending ball-park.

Not that you weren't justified in taking such an approach when they try to screw a customer.

Two other thoughts:
1- Is it that much of a problem to write a letter?
2- This story would have been much better if you had thrown the water-bottle back at her.

Also, I think that telling her what she did was 'battery' is kind of lame.
Seems a "WTF are you doing?" type look and/or quote would be more appropriate.