Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 11:15 PM

Default Re: Cbet basic question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In theory it's a better spot to float, but it's also an obvious float spot. It's more likely that you'll be double barrelled off the float than someone with air will 3-bet over your raise. Much more likely.

Also, I call behind preflop in this spot often enough with AQ and AK (which is to say, rarely but sometimes, particularly against a TAG opener) that raising the flop can be a big hand from me. As such, yeah, I raise a lot in these situations.

Edit, nm posted hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, floating here is a lot better than raising. People don't often double barrell A high boards, especially something as dry as A22. Betting the turn when checked to is a lot more believable, not to mention it's cheaper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether or not people will double barrell an ace high board depends a lot on heros image. If hero floats and bluff raises a lot then some TAG's will respond by double barrelling in spots like this. Those same TAGs will usually not put their whole stack in to find out if Hero is FOS.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:17 PM

Also, how is floating cheaper? You can size your flop raise however you want. A miniraise in this spot against the right opponent would be +ev IMO.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, how is floating cheaper? You can size your flop raise however you want. A miniraise in this spot against the right opponent would be +ev IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain probably won't double barrel here with air, so if he checks, you can probably take it down.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:36 PM

its basically impossible to rep a good hand here, 22 and a2 are obv unlikely and 2x and AQ+ are impossible given PF (well MAYBE AQ but even then it prolly wont raise the flop).
if villain is the play 12 tables and not really pay any attention at all type, then yeah maybe raising here is good, but against anyone who can read hands at all not so much.

also, i think it's correct for the tag to double (/triple) barrel this board a lot b/c you can't have a strong hand here if you call down, and almost no one thinks a TAG will keep firing on such a dry board. not saying that many will double barrel here, but i think they should.
also, what are you repping with a float? a hand that will almost always have to fold to a cr ai on the turn.

basically, this is a [censored] spot because a good tag knows it's highly unlikely that you have a good hand, but its totally possible for him to have ak/aq or whatever.
i just fold here and wait for an A66 flop if i wanna get frisky. maybe float but very rarely if i do.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:38 PM

How is A22 different from A66?
Old 08-18-2007, 11:43 PM

slightly higher possibility you might have a 6 (ie. 67s/56s) where as 2s are not really possible.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:47 PM

Shouldn't we wanna have like an A96 or something where we can have a pair or can rep 87s by just calling.. or something?
Old 08-19-2007, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If villain c/f turn every time he was bluffing the flop then we can just bluff the turn when he checks, which means he probably has nothing. He'll usually keep betting the turn when he has an ace so I think they're intending to c/f after checking the turn a ton.

Also, people in general really don't double barrell A high boards because nobody folds an ace on an Axx boards, and people can't call this flop with much else.