FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Its Bullshit..
<25% 51 20.08%
25%-50% 80 31.50%
50%-75% 65 25.59%
75%-100% 58 22.83%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2006, 09:47 PM

Default Re: How are the police allowed to do this?

I think this is retarded.

If you had to find as many car theives/drug dealers in 1 day as possible and you're racing against someone who is pulling over all black people in nice cars. Are you really dumb enough to only pull over a broad consection of American society? Including 51% women?

Get the [censored] outta here. People racial profile because it works.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why? I just won't jump on the bandwagon of "OMG he really didn't steal that car, they just stopped him because he was black".

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes everyone else is on the "bandwagon" because they are right and you are wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think ItalianFX's post points the cops reasoning out clearly.

High risk area, no front plate, guy giving suspicious glares. End of story. He could've just been polite and cursed them later, instead he tried to be macho and got his ass tasered.

Thats a sweet picture of Urkel, I think Im going to have that blown up and get a poster made.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am tired of the "racial profiling" hysteria.

The fact is, if you were to research those imprisoned for grand theft auto, a predominant number are African-American males. That is completely not detabale. So naturally, cops had suspicions that a scary looking black dude driving with no front plate, could of been up to no good. Rather than ignoring it, they questioned him, and ended up being shoved and taunted.

Would you rather law enforcement turn blind eyes to avoid possibly making a mistake, or would you rather them pursue every hunch within reason, and nab some car jackers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'd rather law enforcement not be able to pull over people just cause theyre black, even if it means a few black criminals go free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would your opinion change if the few who went free went off and raped and murdered someone, and the only reason they werent stopped was because the police possibly could be making a mistake?

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha, I knew that was coming

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked the fact that you gave his argument in jest before he made it for real. You didn't have to point it out again, though.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you had to find as many car theives/drug dealers in 1 day as possible and you're racing against someone who is pulling over all black people in nice cars.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad, I didn't realize that these were the circumstances underwhich the guy was pulled over. If there is a contest, obviously racial profiling is the way to go.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:50 PM

Kataffy and others: there's no point in trying, really. I live in a town with a high population of racist people and many, like Dementia, are good people who will delude themselves up until the day they die that most black people really are terrible human beings and cannot be trusted.

They really can't help it, I'm sure it's been bred into Dementia since he was a little kid. It is sad but a fact of this country. It would never even occur to Dementia that such a thing as racial profiling exists, or is wrong. So don't pick on him too much, he's just repeating what he's been taught.

edit: for the record, i am a white male.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you had to find as many car theives/drug dealers in 1 day as possible and you're racing against someone who is pulling over all black people in nice cars.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad, I didn't realize that these were the circumstances underwhich the guy was pulled over. If there is a contest, obviously racial profiling is the way to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, since the cops shouldn't be looking for optimal ways to find criminals. Yeah...

Nice car + no plates + staring at cops + black = insta pulled over = thats life
Old 11-14-2006, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is retarded.

If you had to find as many car theives/drug dealers in 1 day as possible and you're racing against someone who is pulling over all black people in nice cars. Are you really dumb enough to only pull over a broad consection of American society? Including 51% women?

Get the [censored] outta here. People racial profile because it works.

[/ QUOTE ]

your post is idiotic...life isnt a video game, no one is racing to find the most criminals in a day.

Hell lets just round all the colored folk up and march them down to the station and hook them up to lie detectors, well find a bunch of criminals that way. Then we can put them were they belong, in jail with the rest of their family!

and even tho its already been explained, its worth mentioning again because so many people seem to be having problems with this. Its about living in america and having certain rights, and those rights are extended to you regardless of whether you are named Leroy, Ahkmed, Pedro, or Tommy
Old 11-14-2006, 09:55 PM

I'm actually friends with a great deal of black people. And I'm sure they'd all agree that none of them are going to lunge at a police officer or prolong the ordeal the way this gentleman decided to.

I never said people should be pulled over based on being black, I said police should not ignore hunches they consider legitimate induced by the behavior of the individual SIMPLY because he's colored and if they are in turn wrong an uproar will ensue.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:55 PM

I'm actually friends with a great deal of black people.

Sweet.