Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 07:13 PM

Default Re: What ever happened to good manners and Class in poker?

[ QUOTE ]
This style of celebration is embraced by the newer players and has infiltrated the highest levels.

Look just 3 years ago to when Scot Fischman won a hand HU against Jo Awada and his "crew" were going bananas at Scott's sick river suckout all whilst Joe sat there classily and stoicly. Why didn't anyone make a big deal of it then?

How about the 2004 main event, when that young Swedish [censored] ran around shouting "Yes Yes! Yes!" after winning a race to knock out Chris Ferguson?

The insanity and excesive celbration are now rewarded by the TV crews and producers who actually encourage it. Oh well. Witht he poker boom comes costs. One of those costs seems to be a rapid decline in class/decorum.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was wrong when it happened then, and it was wrong this time, doesn't matter what gender the person going out was.

I still fault Kevin somewhat simply because he didn't say word one to his crew.

Had he said something, that would be a different matter.

Also, to excuse his crew simply because they were drunk, also illistrates in my mind part of the problem with society in general.

If perhaps we stopped giving 'passes' to people just because they were drinking, they might think twice before drinking to excess.

Kevin's crew chose to drink and drink to excess, so in my opinion, they should of been held responsible for their actions, and security should of ejected them at that point.

So, yes I also agree that security (or rather the lack there of) was part of the problem as well.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:15 PM

oh stfu and stop being so naive

i mean, you seriously made a thread about drunk RAILBIRDS congratulating a guy?

wow. all the class is gone.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:18 PM

This juvenile little misogynistic degenerate shithole is the wrong place to post about "class".

The truth is poker players, especially higher stakes poker players, are typically losers in life who couldn't make it in the real world so they turned to being scumbag hustlers. Accordingly this kind of behavior from the sort of krunks who look up to scumbag hustlers shouldn't surprise anyone and is the rule rather than the exception.

If it's me sitting in seat four some punk is getting hurt.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While I agree it was wrong, rude and inappropriate, you cannot honestly say that if it was a man that it would have been written up in the way it was.

It's BECAUSE she was a female that it was written the way it was, thus causing your reaction, which is just what the reporter wanted.

This is something that happens almost every day, in almost every tournament at one point or another.

T

[/ QUOTE ]

MissT, I disagree. I think that either way, male or female, it would of been written the same way.

I will also say that you are right and that it's a sad state of affairs that this does happen every day in tourneys.

This incident only shows that in graphic detail even more.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:23 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

Back when poker was less legitimate there were more douchbags, not less. The old people I play with every day are way more likely to be without class the the young ones. Many of them are condescending to the fish, shoot angles, and generally have poor attitudes.

Also, some people are good winners and losers, some are not. Doesn't matter if it's at a poker table or a sports arena. Finally, these are big hands/turns of fate. Can't really fault people for having immediate intense emotional reactions.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Male or female (the outgoing player), it's just not right what happened here.

Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

you clearly only give a [censored] because she is a female (esp. given your posting history). as far as further comments are concerned, I think you are a horrible poster who adds nothing to this forum and you should just stop posting in general (whether females or males are concerned).

tia

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a right to you opinion, but just because I support women in poker, doesn't mean I wouldn't of said the same thing had this happened to a male participant, because I would of.

I think it's bad form period, and that the offenders should of been ejected over this.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what ever happened to good manners and the class acts in poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about? When were the 'good old days' when there was never anything disrespectful done at a poker table? Some people are [censored]. Those people have always existed. Bevavior like you described has nothing to do with the state of poker today and everything to do with people being retarded.

Thanks for another great post cincylady!

[/ QUOTE ]

Your so welcome there sir!

Seriously though, it was one thing when it was a once in a blue moon kind of thing.

The sad part is that these days it happens (as MissT pointed out) all the time, and that is what needs to change.

Were these kids raised by wolves or something? Didn't their parents teach them mannors and respect, and how to do the right thing?
Old 07-15-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If it's me sitting in seat four some punk is getting hurt.

[/ QUOTE ]

luckily no one will be getting hurt because you are not in seat four; rather, you are at home frothing with impotent rage because you are disabled, play micro stakes, and have nothing to live for besides exposing poker players for the scum they are.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Male or female (the outgoing player), it's just not right what happened here.

Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

you clearly only give a [censored] because she is a female (esp. given your posting history). as far as further comments are concerned, I think you are a horrible poster who adds nothing to this forum and you should just stop posting in general (whether females or males are concerned).

tia

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a right to you opinion, but just because I support women in poker, doesn't mean I wouldn't of said the same thing had this happened to a male participant, because I would of.

I think it's bad form period, and that the offenders should of been ejected over this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's put it more clearly - this would not be a STORY AT ALL had it happened to a guy. Hence, you wouldn't be all up in arms.

And to whoever talked about this being a mysoginistic shithole....why are you even here then? Or am I being leveled seriously?

I've seen all the celebrations on TV. This doesn't sound too terrible. People always cheer for their friends when they're on the rail. Anybody bitching about someone cheering someone's bad luck is an idiot. They're cheering their friend's good luck, which inherently MUST come from someone's bad luck. I'm not going to shed a tear because someone couldn't get up from the table for a few seconds and a guy's railbirds were cheering loudly.

If I see something ridiculous on TV, I may change my tune. Until then, this is lame.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:44 PM

Poker never had good manners and class. It's had individuals with good manners and class. But, the game as a whole has been heavily populated by rude people for a long time.