Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: BBC or NBC?
BBC- English Version? 128 69.95%
NBC-American Version? 55 30.05%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2007, 03:19 AM

Default Re: Leno vs. Letterman

When Letterman is good, he's very very good, and when he's bad, he's very very bad. Leno is just plain unfunny to me; he's the comic of middle America, the embodiment of the Reader's Digest crowd. Letterman was better back in the day when he would completely [censored] with his guests.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
believed that Leno has appealed to an older crowd, whereas Letterman has been favored by a hip, younger group.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the case until about 6 years ago maybe, I'm not really sure when the turn happened though. David Letterman turned into a worthless predictable tool at some point in his career. I don't really enjoy either, but if I had to take a choice I'd take the guy that isn't trying to shove an agenda down everyones throat.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:06 AM

I've always been a leno fan. Lettermen never makes me laugh, and Leno's monologues are often pretty funny. All interviews suck. But that's ok as long as we have Colbert, the only man to be funny during the show and then in the interviews.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

(Schwartzenneger joke) (Impression)"

[/ QUOTE ]

doesn't his arnold always take a bite of sausage at the end? methinks you left that out...
Old 02-01-2007, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dave just doesn't seem like he's even trying anymore, and neither is anyone on his staff.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's why it's funny. Letterman and it's not even close. The difference between him and everyone else is that he's funnier, but also - unlike any of his counterparts, the people he's interviewing actually respect him as a Johnny like figure.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:29 AM

I have to conclude the people who dislike Letterman are people I wouldn't like. Letterman is by far the best interviewer and is so quick witted he makes the rest of the late night guys look shabby.

Leno laughs at his own stupid crap because nobody else is.

Conan has absolutely no clue when to shut up. The guests are talking and obviously going along to deliver the meat of their story and Conan interupts with some lame joke. Terrible.

Dave Rules!!
Old 02-01-2007, 07:17 AM

Letterman is the best interviewer. Leno is meh by all standards. Conan is the funniest though repetitive.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:43 AM

of the two, letterman's show targets the 20 year old age group. leno doesnt really go after that. dont get marketing of the show mixed up w/ skills of the person.

of the two, leno can do a quality interview and can do teh monologue better since he's a good comedian and still does stand up.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Letterman is by far the best interviewer and is so quick witted he makes the rest of the late night guys look shabby.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. I watch Letterman regularly, I see no evidence of not caring, bad jokes, predictable tool, etc.. Still seems fresh and funny to me but I've always enjoyed his sense of humor. Leno is terrible but he gets good guests.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:25 AM

I haven't watched late night TV in forever - I did watch a Conan last year because of a band that was on but beyond that nothing. Part of that is I think I'm too old for Letterman and too young for Leno and I don't give a crap about what's going on in most stars lives.

Ironically, I watched Letterman religiously back in the 80's when he was on NBC and my favorite interviews were with Leno. I used to tape the show and watch the next day and I kept a few segments any most of them revolved around Leno or Dave wrecking stuff.