Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2006, 03:29 PM

Default Re: Closest you\'ve come to death?

[ QUOTE ]
March 2003, Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]

why, what happened?
Old 03-17-2006, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
March 2003, Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]

why, what happened?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing he's Iraqi. March 2003 is when the infidels attacked his village.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:33 PM

stuck above a 45 foot rocky cliff w/ no reasonable landing spot while skiing at Jackson Hole.

lost my pole, and saw it tumble/crash all the way down, like in the movies.

I was clinging pretty hard to the trail, and had room to make 1 turn before down the cliff I went. I made it.

good thing.

I've skiied my whole life, and ski nasty terrain w/ regularity, but this incident scared the [censored] out of me.

another: just last week, I crashed while skiing about 50 mph. I was fortunately in the middle of the trail. if I was pointed towards the woods, good chance I would have done serious damage/death to myself on a tree or rock
Old 03-17-2006, 03:41 PM

Luckily none of these stories landed any of you on this website:

DarwinAwards.com

The movie should be interesting.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bacterial meningitis...
Almost decided to "sleep it off" instead of going to the hospital to see why my damn neck was so stiff and I felt like my body was one big ache. I was thoroughly owned by the whole experience but did live. Spinal taps suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can quote this word for word and it completely applies to me. I felt close to death, and certainly wanted to be dead, several times. To compound the situation I was misdiagnosed at first and I nearly died. Then once they realized what was going on (it shouldn't have been that hard, there was a [censored] outbreak of it in Minnesota at the time, late 1998) the hospital [censored] up my spinal tap. After I was finally released from the hospital, I started feeling tremendous pain whenever I sat down. They [censored] things up so that whenever I sat down air would rush up my spinal column into my brain and cause tremendous pain. It took three overnights in the hospital for them to figure out what they did. It was a horrific experience.

Then my parents received the bill.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
March 2003, Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]

why, what happened?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing he's Iraqi. March 2003 is when the infidels attacked his village.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. In the town of As Samawah, I was in a five hour firefight. We were taking fire from AK-47's, RPG's, 60mm and 82mm mortars, and a DShK. They missed me.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:53 PM

ASU,

The car wreck was the number one incident. THe second closest to death was this one time when I was doing asofel's mom and sister at the same time and they were both completely insatiable and wouldn't stop. Was positive I was going to have a heart attack, but somehow managed to make it through that crazy night.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:09 PM

1) Robbery at a place I used to work at. About an hour after we closed, I was getting a broom out of the closet, turn around, and a huge black guy in a ski mask is standing behind me brandishing the firearm. Two of us and the manager go to the back, we kneel down with a gun pointed behind my head as he makes the manager get the security tapes and open the safe.

2) Had been getting [censored] up with friends, decided to go to the gas station. On the way back, I had the brilliant idea to see how fast my Maxima could accelerate in the neighborhood, hit a very sharp turn, go into a mailbox. If mailbox wasn't there it would have been straight off the road, down a hill straight into a house.

3) Another drunken accident. I guess it takes idiots like myself more than one experience to finally learn from their mistakes. Common sense goes along way. Went to a work party, ended up drinking over a fifth of tequila in a little over an hour and smoked a shitload of nuggs. Last thing I remember was smoking nuggs in the back kitchen. For some reason I decided to drive, honestly had no recollection of anything that night after smoking. Ended up passing out behind the wheel into a lightpole. Awoken with cops outside my vehicle.

4) I somewhat mentally fought a a cocaine overdose a few years ago. I had been drinking alot of bourbon and did a shitload of coke. I remember after I did some sets of rails in a few minutes, my body got completely hot. I felt like I was going to faint. My body was drenching with sweat in the span about about five seconds. I went straight to the fridge/freezer and chugged about 60 oz of water. I then proceeded to lay down on the couch, losing my vision. I could barely see anything. My heart was about to come out of my chest. It felt like I didn't have a heartbeat as my heart was beating so [censored] fast. I was praying, figuring I was about to die. I was scared to death, literally feeling myself nearing death. After some time, which I don't remember, everything started to return back to normal except a very fluttery heartbeat.

I've come along way in the past couple of years. It's really hard to realize how stupid oneself can be when you reflect upon it..
Old 03-17-2006, 04:11 PM

Choicest,

"If mailbox wasn't there it would have been straight off the road, down a hill straight into a house."

Industrial strength mailbox?
Old 03-17-2006, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

4) I somewhat mentally fought a a cocaine overdose a few years ago. I had been drinking alot of bourbon and did a shitload of coke. I remember after I did some sets of rails in a few minutes, my body got completely hot. I felt like I was going to faint. My body was drenching with sweat in the span about about five seconds. I went straight to the fridge/freezer and chugged about 60 oz of water. I then proceeded to lay down on the couch, losing my vision. I could barely see anything. My heart was about to come out of my chest. It felt like I didn't have a heartbeat as my heart was beating so [censored] fast. I was praying, figuring I was about to die. I was scared to death, literally feeling myself nearing death.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a reason we have 911.