Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Re: OOT - be gentle...

suzzer,

Your pictures are all over the place and hilarious ofc. I know they are simply a sacrifice for the OOT altar, but it really doesn't matter wtf she looks like if you're interested, then you're interested.

Yugoslav
Old 08-06-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Holy [censored]! Those three pics you posted are horrible. Suzzer, I think the problem here is you have very ridiculously low standards. How bad could your conversation be? You're really a pretty good looking guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, really.

You know, I did get a pretty big jolt of confidence from going back to Kansas City for my 20-year HS reunion. Everyone there was big, bald and old-looking. But in LA I'm way below average. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In defense of suzzer, making "the call" is nerve wracking. The last time I did I finally called her two days later when I was at a strip club. It was like "oooh, boobies, I should see about getting my hands on some of those!"

[/ QUOTE ]

You gotta simply do it a bunch to get comfortable with it. It's like anything. The fact that it's uncomfortable is not a good reason for not calling. Ever. In fact, it's a reason that you should call no matter what so that you can become somewhat proficient.

Yugoslav
Old 08-06-2007, 05:56 PM

move to new york, the guidos make the curve awesome for the rest of us.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Holy [censored]! Those three pics you posted are horrible. Suzzer, I think the problem here is you have very ridiculously low standards. How bad could your conversation be? You're really a pretty good looking guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, really.

You know, I did get a pretty big jolt of confidence from going back to Kansas City for my 20-year HS reunion. Everyone there was big, bald and old-looking. But in LA I'm way below average. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You look good. You're gonna look even better soon due to your boot camping. You likely do not look good after a 2 day cocaine bender. So don't do those anymore, [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Looks factor in so much less than you think to women. I know it's cliche. Unless you're a ridiculously good looking guy, it really doesn't help much. Women think it does, men think it does, but it really doesn't.

Yugoslav
Old 08-06-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You gotta simply do it a bunch to get comfortable with it. It's like anything. The fact that it's uncomfortable is not a good reason for not calling. Ever. In fact, it's a reason that you should call no matter what so that you can become somewhat proficient.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, true. I just hate the phone. That last conversation worked out just about as spectacularly as you can imagine. Still, I [censored] hate phones. I can't help feeling like a total tool yakking into a candybar.

I pwn so much better in person that that's what I tend to stick to.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:08 PM

sizzler - good god man...just get better at flirting with chicks already. You ain't getting any younger dude.
Go in with attitude of 'nothing to lose, maybe she'll dig me and maybe she won't...I'm pretty damn funny so it's their loss anyway' kind of attitude.
You half-way sound like you need a pep-talk from the Stuart Smalley character on SNL.

I'm way not as good looking as you I think but I can make some girls laugh.

Get her phone-number.
Or even try, "Hey, are you really in that big of a hurry? I was going to get some coffee some place. Want to come?"
"Oh, don't have time? Do you want to sometime? I think it would be fun? If you don't think it's too weird to give a guy you just met your phone-number then maybe we could give it a try sometime?"

Something like that anyway.
anything like that actually.

If you overcame enough of the awkwardness of giving her YOUR phone # then it really shouldn't be much of a leap to find a way to ask for her number instead/also.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:09 PM

Oh yeah also, I didn't even look to see if she had a ring. I'm so clueless. I got the feeling she was living alone at least.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, true. I just hate the phone. That last conversation worked out just about as spectacularly as you can imagine. Still, I [censored] hate phones. I can't help feeling like a total tool yakking into a candybar.

I pwn so much better in person that that's what I tend to stick to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate the phone too. I mainly text/hang out in person. Just be prepared to go 5-10 minutes without being awkward and a clear purpose (ask her to go mini-golfing or whatever).

Yugoslav
Old 08-06-2007, 06:16 PM

microbob,

If he can't ask her for her # I don't think he can ask her to go on an "instadate" with him. Also, he shouldn't ever intentionally mention that anything about the situation is weird or creepy.

Also, it's going to be much better to act as if this is all natural rather than mentioning how the situation could be construed as "weird"...saying those types of things don't work out well unless other conditions are met.

Yugoslav