Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 01:23 PM

Default Re: KQo - AQ3

[ QUOTE ]

Pot-odds tell you when call when you're drawing to a likely winning hand. You need xx card to win, so you draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't equity measure this? If equity is more than pot-odds, then we call. If equity is more than our share of the money going in, then we raise.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So if i good understand when i draw need know pot odds and if we use pokerstove then we use "win" stat to make pod odds (we want only win when we risk cash and we dont wanna split pot)

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you always use the equity. Forget about the win. A split pot is still better than a lost pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm ... maybe im wrong but if we draw we always wanna only win and never wanna split pot (remember that we discount for example st8 draw when someone can also hit st8 ? we dicount cus we just dont wanna win only 50% of pot when we hit our gutshoot draw one at 12 times - we need win 100% pot to make it profitable.

For the other hand when we say FD has 35% equity then we "win or split pot" 35% of time until river or we have 35% of time only "win" ?
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Answer is we win or split.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So if i good understand when i draw need know pot odds and if we use pokerstove then we use "win" stat to make pod odds (we want only win when we risk cash and we dont wanna split pot)

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you always use the equity. Forget about the win. A split pot is still better than a lost pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm ... maybe im wrong but if we draw we always wanna only win and never wanna split pot (remember that we discount for example st8 draw when someone can also hit st8 ? we dicount cus we just dont wanna win only 50% of pot when we hit our gutshoot draw one at 12 times - we need win 100% pot to make it profitable.

For the other hand when we say FD has 35% equity then we "win or split pot" 35% of time until river or we have 35% of time only "win" ?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you split, it can be profitable too. I have capped straights were I was 90% sure that I was going to split because a third guy just couldn't fold his AA or whatever.

Outs where you split the pot is still money in the pocket. You just count those outs half. equity takes this into account. The win doesn't.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you split, it can be profitable too. I have capped straights were I was 90% sure that I was going to split because a third guy just couldn't fold his AA or whatever.

- Here u have made monster (not draw to monster)so u cap win hand. When u draw u dont know if u hit monster. -

Outs where you split the pot is still money in the pocket. You just count those outs half.

- Its why wy discount outs. -

equity takes this into account. The win doesn't.

- here i agree -

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-14-2007, 03:28 PM

Then we can stop this.