Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2007, 12:50 AM

Default Re: why you should squash the \"what does betting accomplish\" line in s

[ QUOTE ]
a similar related thing - people often say "he calls all better hands and folds all worse". If this is true, then your opponent has to basically know your exact hand!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very, very, very, very not true.

When you make a bet, your opponent has a specific calling range. Sometimes his calling range includes all hands that beat you and none of the hands you beat. This could be true even if your opponent were a bot programmed to press the call button with any pair or better and fold otherwise.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:26 AM

Default Re: why you should squash the \"what does betting accomplish\" line in s

It has long been my theory that generaly the advice given here is TOO aggressive, not the other way around. I find the biggest leaks my villains have is assuming that because I check after betting the flop or pre-flop, I have air.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:26 AM

Agree with this big time.. people think check means take the pot and if it didn't work on this street.. it will work on the next one.. or the next one. LOL
Old 03-23-2007, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a similar related thing - people often say "he calls all better hands and folds all worse". If this is true, then your opponent has to basically know your exact hand!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very, very, very, very not true.

When you make a bet, your opponent has a specific calling range. Sometimes his calling range includes all hands that beat you and none of the hands you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't mean we shouldn't bet.