Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 10:33 AM

Default Re: Will the Trop (AC) ever serve real beer?

[ QUOTE ]
2) Budweiser is made from rice. Therefore logically it's not a beer (Barley, Wheat, Hops)

[/ QUOTE ]

Saying that Budweiser is "made from" rice is like saying tea is "made from" lemon and therefore it's logically not tea.

Why wheat makes a beer more beery is beyond me. It's not a "logical" component of beer.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:34 AM

I like beer, real beer like Heineken, Sam Adams, etc.

Some beer snob you are, putting swill like Heineken in the sam sentence as Sam Adams. Heineken does not even use fresh hops in its brewing process, but rather substitutes hp extract. It's a small step above Bud and several steps below Sam Adams.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:36 AM

Jenson, I don't get your problem. Stay at one hotel, play at another. Right?
Old 08-06-2007, 12:20 PM

Lol Beersnobaments.

Agreed though. I'd be thrilled with cold bottles of pretty much anything else at the trop.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do what I did. Buy a condo on the boardwalk.

I took my Borgata hotel money and use the $3,000 a month I saved (Fri and Sat nights staying at the Borg) and pay off the mortagage with the money left over from not paying for the hotel room.

Then I take $2.75 and buy the racing program adjacent to the poker room , get the free drink coupons, and sample the free pints of draft(Stella and Yeungling) beer with the frozen mugs, and take them back to the poker room so I can enjoy the games while drinking real beer.

You can get the bud drafts and the bottled Heineken and Corona right in the poker room, just no frozen glass.

I also recommend the free shots of Knob Creek Borbon with the free drink coupon from the horse room. I usually follow this with a Stella on my way out the door, back to my condo which I bought with the Borgata poker winnings.

Nice life, if you keep reading 2+2 and winning.

F... the Trop with the natural light and their hand shuffling. The nerve................

[/ QUOTE ]

Why your my hero...that and cashing out for like 10 racks at the 20-40 game 3 weeks ago. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do what I did. Buy a condo on the boardwalk.

I took my Borgata hotel money and use the $3,000 a month I saved (Fri and Sat nights staying at the Borg) and pay off the mortagage with the money left over from not paying for the hotel room.

Then I take $2.75 and buy the racing program adjacent to the poker room , get the free drink coupons, and sample the free pints of draft(Stella and Yeungling) beer with the frozen mugs, and take them back to the poker room so I can enjoy the games while drinking real beer.

You can get the bud drafts and the bottled Heineken and Corona right in the poker room, just no frozen glass.

I also recommend the free shots of Knob Creek Borbon with the free drink coupon from the horse room. I usually follow this with a Stella on my way out the door, back to my condo which I bought with the Borgata poker winnings.

Nice life, if you keep reading 2+2 and winning.

F... the Trop with the natural light and their hand shuffling. The nerve................

[/ QUOTE ]

Why your my hero...that and cashing out for like 10 racks at the 20-40 game 3 weeks ago. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't do that at the Trop, there is nothing larger than the pink game. I remember that they used to have 10/20, 15/30 and 20/40. Whatever happened to the good old days? The Trop used to have the Milwaukee Best (the Beast), which although it sucked, it still sucked less than the natural light. I remember a few months ago I asked for Jack Daniels straight up and a beer chaser, which was the natural light crap. I am now wondering whether they even gave me real Jack Daniels.

The management of the Trop really let that room sink down into hell.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:04 PM

quote: Jenson, I don't get your problem. Stay at one hotel, play at another. Right? :unquote

What do you mean you don't understand the problem? The trop is still raking in and renting out those games for the same rates as any other room in AC.

You should at least get the same quality booze as the other houses of insanity. Perhaps we even deserve the Bodacious Tata(s) without having to leave the poker room to go to Hooters to see that young poontang on the way to Firewaters to get some decent beer. Yeesh!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
quote: Jenson, I don't get your problem. Stay at one hotel, play at another. Right? :unquote

What do you mean you don't understand the problem? The trop is still raking in and renting out those games for the same rates as any other room in AC.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand the situation. I don't understand why it's a problem. If the rooms are cheap here, and the free beer is good over there, then sleep here and drink beer over there. What's the problem?
Old 08-06-2007, 02:26 PM

You can't do that at the Trop, there is nothing larger than the pink game. I remember that they used to have 10/20, 15/30 and 20/40.

The Trop used to spread 10-20-30 hold em and 15-30-45 stud8.
I do not recall 20-40, not to say they did not spread the game. I just do not remember it.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can't do that at the Trop, there is nothing larger than the pink game. I remember that they used to have 10/20, 15/30 and 20/40.

The Trop used to spread 10-20-30 hold em and 15-30-45 stud8.
I do not recall 20-40, not to say they did not spread the game. I just do not remember it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike, you might be correct here. I think I am losing my memory from my long term drug abuse.

Al