Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2006, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Coolest American Gladiator Event?

[ QUOTE ]
Sam...awesome poll. Voted for Assault as the coolest (what's not cool about shooting tennis balls at people?) But I think my favorite was the Joust. Gemini is my favorite Gladiator by far (favorite Gladiator poll requested please.) He dominated the Joust, except against this older dude named Elden Kidd...I think Elden went 4-0 against Gemini in the Joust, and it was a great grudge match subplot for the episodes Elden was in. Also enjoyed Powerball and B&C. Swing Shot was gay (also, another poll...gayest event?)

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

Bonus points if someone can post the link to Gemini on Press Your Luck. He wore a mustard yellow suit I believe, and he lost. He looked like he was going to eat the cardboard whammy.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:25 PM

And with one topic faith in humanity can be restored for a day.

Anyway, after the obvious then it's atlasphere for me. Both would be so much fun.

Of course I was only enable to "play" assault by hiding behind chairs and having someone throw (no not tennis balls...) some plush balls at me and vice versa. I had no cable or videogame system so what the heck else was I supposed to do indoors lol.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:06 PM

I joined the bloc of Assault voters. Reading through this thread, the American Gladiators theme song has been running through my head on continuous loop. Can the over-30 set confirm that this show's greatness did not stem purely from me being 9 or 10 when it first came out?
Old 05-05-2006, 07:22 PM

I voted for B&C just out of loyalty to Nitro. I was only like 6 or something, but I have this memory of them repeatedly saying that no one had ever beat him in the conquer ring and damn if he didn't go out there and prove it everytime.

Edited to say that GUTS was awesome too, that mountain thing that would like randomly blow up was sweet.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:30 PM

sam,

Assault I think is my choice too, for the reasons people have mentioned already.

Powerball, however, was a strong contender. Definitely seemed like one of the most hardcore events w/ some really rough tackles. Also was fun to see the rare occassion when competitors would just completely school the gladiators in this.

Hang Tough seemed pretty tough and looked really fun.

Atlasphere wins the contest of being the coolest looking really stupid event around.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:53 PM

http://www.petitiononline.com/glads1/petition.html

Unfortunately, I searched all the DirecTV channels with my TIVO unit and I don't see this great show on at all. It was on PAX or some garbage channel a year or two ago during the afternoon, but its not anymore.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:56 PM

This would be a great DVD collection to watch after coming home from a night of drinking.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:01 PM

As others have stated - ASSAULT.

There were some really good events though and the show was awesome. I watched so many episodes of it. That was reality tv back then.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:03 PM

I'm somewhat surprised by the poll results. I expected Assault to win, but 59%!
Old 05-05-2006, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

BTW, there are a lot of Atlasphere like mini-games in this really fun multiplayer game for the XBOX called "Fusion Frenzy." I wouldn't bee surprised if Gladiator was a major inspiration for a lot of mini-games. I got it out of a bargain bin for $5 and it was one of our most played XBOX games. Great for when you're pregaming with some buddies.

Anyone played it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I'm 24 years old and every Saturday before heading out me and my freinds play this game while boozing. It's better than drunken Halo.

We play mini-game frenzy and the first person to lose three games takes a shot. Everything's a mess by the time it's going out time.