Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 01:02 PM

Default Re: WPT Foxwoods Poker Classic thread

[ QUOTE ]
Seth bet almost 1/4 pot on the turn and Raj minraised him. The minraise was absolutely terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why was it so terrible Gobbo? I thought it repped a pretty big hand there.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seth bet almost 1/4 pot on the turn and Raj minraised him. The minraise was absolutely terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why was it so terrible Gobbo? I thought it repped a pretty big hand there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because his opponent has already repped a huge hand as well. If the guy has an ace he's not folding, if he has a ten he shouldn't fold, if he has anything better he's obviously not folding. So the only hands you're folding out are worse hands. Why not call if you really think your hand is good and just decide you're calling a lot of rivers.

And if anyone says he doesn't want to let his 'opponent draw out on him for free' then you don't really understand NLHE.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to give Raj too much credit, but I did think the minraise there was pretty effective. Seth bet out like 230k and Raj raised to 500k .. Unfortunately I dont remember the stacks, but its possible that if Raj raised any more..he wouldve been committed/had to go all-in.

It seemed like on the flop, Raj put Seth on 2 high-cards.. possibly AK, AQ.. so when Raj raised the turn, it seemed as if he could almost see Seth's cards.

Maybe Seth's lead out bet on the turn was terrible?
Old 08-02-2007, 01:16 PM

Of course it was, check/raising the flop was terrible too. The thing is, Raj didn't use any thinking in the hand whatsoever. It could be some complex play, but why the hell is he calling the flop putting his opponent on nothing and then raising the turn when the worst card in the deck falls? It's a lot harder to get credit for this sort of play when you have displayed not very much critical thinking when it comes to playing your hands. I don't think he had any idea what he was doing in that hand the whole way through, but neither did the rest of the table.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:15 PM

raj had to raise the turn to get the hand over with because river bets apparently make him poop his drawers.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:44 PM

-Lolz @ Allen Kessler just knowing he was gonna lose. That was the best part imo.

-It was amazing that they were actually playing for $1.3mill. Astonishing!

-Gobbo's right, If Raj thought (I'm going out on a limb here for this guy) the 77 was good then he shoulda just called down gaining a bet on the river in the process from villain. I think he was thinking he was making a move on the guy, especialy since he showed his hand to him.

-ROFL @ VVP on SEVERAL occasions saying, "...These guys are playing @ a real high level here..."
Old 08-02-2007, 05:54 PM

I dont know if this has been mentioned before, but pokertube has taken off (from what i can see) all the wpt videos. Is there another website which is broadcasting recent wpt episodes and if so which?

thanks
Old 08-02-2007, 05:54 PM

It's kind of sadistic, but I took great pleasure in seeing the "Bagels" guy get his aces cracked.

His shoves on Goldberg were just so bad, his "New York players are the best" talk, his turn the hat around when he was in a hand.

I knew Patel won before the broadcast, but that was sweet to watch.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:06 PM

Yeah, Bagels was the least worst of all the players (excluding Kessler, since he as usual didn't play at all), but he was also by far the most unlikeable, and seemed like a douche. The way he completely blew off Patel at the end was just low class, even considering the beat he took.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-Lolz @ Allen Kessler just knowing he was gonna lose. That was the only good part.

[/ QUOTE ]