Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2007, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Making A living at 50NL holdem

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If WICKSS in the STT forum can make a living grinding the $3.40 SnG's I'm sure the 50NL tables can accomidate that as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

The wickss thread has turn into an all time great for those who haven't seen it:

link

[/ QUOTE ]

wow this is good lololol
Old 04-15-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd feel pretty depressed if I was 40 making a living playing 50NL

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd feel pretty depressed if I was 40 making a living pointlessly pushing bits of paper around a desk in a sterile office, composing tedious emails about widgets, making small talk with boring colleagues around the water-cooler and sitting in traffic for endless hours for the 10,000th day in a row.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen, Brother.

I grow tired of the holier than thou attitude of so many of these posts. If this kid thinks $30/hr is enough, then its enough. The fact that you need more is your issue, not his. And besides, the fact of that matter is that many very successful NL 50 players will lose their roll trying to move up to NL 200. In other words, some of the advice here is terrible. He may be able to make a decent living at NL 50 but be a loser at NL 200. Not everyone can make $150 an hour 9 tabling NL 200, but does that mean that they should just chuck it because it doesn't live up to someone else's expectations of what constitutes a "real pro? or a "poor existence?" Tons of 40 year olds are doing far less interesting work for far less money. Play a ton, read a ton, think a ton, play the level you feel comfortable playing, and move up if and when you feel up to the challenge. Its a ego thing for some to come here and say " I can't live off $40/ hr....."
Old 04-15-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd feel pretty depressed if I was 40 making a living pointlessly pushing bits of paper around a desk in a sterile office, composing tedious emails about widgets, making small talk with boring colleagues around the water-cooler and sitting in traffic for endless hours for the 10,000th day in a row.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen, Brother.

I grow tired of the holier than thou attitude of so many of these posts. If this kid thinks $30/hr is enough, then its enough. The fact that you need more is your issue, not his. And besides, the fact of that matter is that many very successful NL 50 players will lose their roll trying to move up to NL 200. In other words, some of the advice here is terrible. He may be able to make a decent living at NL 50 but be a loser at NL 200. Not everyone can make $150 an hour 9 tabling NL 200, but does that mean that they should just chuck it because it doesn't live up to someone else's expectations of what constitutes a "real pro? or a "poor existence?" Tons of 40 year olds are doing far less interesting work for far less money. Play a ton, read a ton, think a ton, play the level you feel comfortable playing, and move up if and when you feel up to the challenge. Its a ego thing for some to come here and say " I can't live off $40/ hr....."

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with every word of that.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:09 PM

I would like to say is . . .

$40/hr X 30 hrs/wk X 48 wks/yr = $57,600 income per year

This is WAAAAY better than average income and considering the fact the freedoms available here, it could be quite nice. Not advocating it wholesale, but I am saying that it is not a bad life for most people. Some of you are simply too balla to remember that stage though, hehe.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen, Brother.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with every word of that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-15-2007, 10:14 PM

I been working low wage jobs my entire life and know a lot of people that don't make over 30k a year.If i ever get good enough to make more then i do cleaning up crap or breaking my back taking out other peoples garbage as a janitor i would do so in a second.Yea maybe grinding out 50k in the low limits would be hard but try grinding out a living in a low wage job living paycheck to paycheck.

Bat