Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 04:02 PM

Default Re: September Low-Content Thread

[ QUOTE ]
And yes, I know Jake. Nice guy, good player. How do you know him?

[/ QUOTE ]

When I played with him he was neither a nice guy nor a good player. Basically I wouldn't mind if he got hit by a truck.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I played with him he was neither a nice guy nor a good player. Basically I wouldn't mind if he got hit by a truck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love to hear that story.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:30 PM

Fun game last night at the Commerce 20.

When this one dealer (Mark, tall black guy with corn rows, perhaps my favorite dealer at Commerce since 2003) came to the table, he livened up a lot and starting joking with the players. A lot of the hands he dealt created major action, with many hilarious suckouts, several involving aces on the turn or river, prompting him to name himself the Ace dealer.

Most people had been joking with him except this one guy in seat 9 who fancied himself above everyone else, quietly reading something in between trying to out-TAG himself in pots while misreading everyone's hands and going on tilt.

A bunch of people limp in and I pick up J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the BB. I check and tell Mark, "flop me my hand!" He deals a flop of A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Then he goes, "is deuce-four your hand?" The SB checks, I check and say "no, but I have outs!"

Seat 9 leads out and gets a couple callers, so I peel getting about 8:1 with middle pair and a backdoor flush draw. The turn is the Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I check, seat 9 bets, an old rock in seat 1 calls, and I call.

The river is the 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I bet and say "woohoo!" and I *tip the dealer*. "I knew you'd do it, Mark!" Seat 9 calls and the old rock calls too!

After the pot gets shipped to me, seat 9 berates me by saying "Nice flop."

Moral of the story: always tip the dealer before showdown (on the turn is the best). It ensures you get at least a call and an overcall.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jake has that effect on many ppl. I've got stories of my own about him. But you know me, I can't stay mad at anybody.

btw: Regarding that hand. IIRC, this was the board that I said I had to run the numbers on. Look how incredibly even the situation was:

http://twodimes.net/h/?z=3047039
pokenum -h as 6s - ad kd -- th 4s 5s
Holdem Hi: 990 enumerated boards containing 5s 4s Th
cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
As 6s 483 48.79 486 49.09 21 2.12 0.498
Ad Kd 486 49.09 483 48.79 21 2.12 0.502

Old 09-08-2007, 06:34 AM

Another proof of the certitude of the verbal tell 'You RAISED?!? I RAISE!'

Bunch of limpers w/ me in late position holding 2 9's.

Flop:

A-J-9. Ugly details omitted.

On the river I get that remark as yet another bet goes in and I know I'm holding a losing hand but it was waaaayyyyy too late to fold for 1 more bet. Yep, I get shown the pocket Aces.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:46 AM

I just got back from the Commerce and saw Schneids playing 500/1000 with Jerry Buss. That's sick. I also managed to have a great day by winning 4k.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jake has that effect on many ppl. I've got stories of my own about him. But you know me, I can't stay mad at anybody.

btw: Regarding that hand. IIRC, this was the board that I said I had to run the numbers on. Look how incredibly even the situation was:

http://twodimes.net/h/?z=3047039
pokenum -h as 6s - ad kd -- th 4s 5s
Holdem Hi: 990 enumerated boards containing 5s 4s Th
cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
As 6s 483 48.79 486 49.09 21 2.12 0.498
Ad Kd 486 49.09 483 48.79 21 2.12 0.502

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew I was ahead in that hand. lol. I can't say Ive been running bad because I am up for the month but I sure ain't running good. I did raise the button 3 orbits in a row and the BB had KK all 3 times in a row. Well so he says I only saw 2 of them. Thank god I can't make a pair to save my life and I folded the flop all 3 times.

Ended up only losing $2 tonight in 5 hours. Now I'm off to work without going to sleep again.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got back from the Commerce and saw Schneids playing 500/1000 with Jerry Buss.

[/ QUOTE ]

And Chau Giang, etc.

I watched one quick hand where Jerry raised from early, Chau folded the SB, and Schneids called from the BB.

The flop was 346 and Schneids check-raised. Jerry called. Turn was a 9, Schneids bet, Jerry tanked and folded what looked to be overcards; he tossed them a bit high and I'm sure I saw at least one picture. Schneids lifted up QQ and said, "You read me too well, Jerry.... unless you had like jack high or something."

Most awesome hand from tonight's 20/40 session.

For those who don't know, some actor named Glenn Morshower is a regular at the Commerce 20.

He's a donk.

Anyway, he loves to table coach and chat his way through every game, but always ends the night cursing at everyone, hating the good players, berating the fish, and trying out stale jokes on the bored dealers.

In this one hand, he opened from EP, a thinking LAG cold-called in MP, the hijack and button also cold-called, I folded the SB, and the BB called. Glenn says, "They're coming over from other tables to call me!"

The flop comes Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Checked to Glenn and he says, "Dealer, I'd LOVE to check." It gets checked through.

Turn is the 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Checked to Glenn and he checks again. Thinking LAG bets, folded back to Glenn and now he checkraises, representing absolutely nothing reasonable to anyone that's good (why wouldn't QQ or AA or 99 bet the turn to prevent draws from taking a freebie?), so I'm sitting there wondering what crap he's holding, and hoping that the LAG calls down with a 9.

The LAG does call the turn checkraise, and he does so instantaneously.

The river brings the 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and Glenn confidently bets. The LAG now raises! Glenn turns his A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] face up, and the dealer starts reaching for it. Glenn says, "Wait! I haven't folded yet?" Then he looks at the LAG, and goes, "OK he doesn't look scared by my hand, I'm out." And he folds.

The dealer shoves a 12BB pot to the LAG, who then flips up... A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and smirks to himself. Glenn went on tilt for the next hour, starting by berating the LAG ("Brilliant call on the turn there... brilliant call") then whining to his friends ("This guy just called a turn checkraise with ace-ten!") and eventually steam-limping the next 20 hands.

Old 09-08-2007, 08:18 AM

Haha nice post there PJ. That glenn gets pretty rediculous sometimes, i wish he would play 40 more often.

I had a hand tonight where i 3 barreled AQo and get to the river, where Bryan thinks for awhile and folds. I debate whether i should show or not, but decide its best to share with the world how i played my hand. I show my hand and Bryan slams the [censored] table and tilts like crazy. Apparently he had good ole sailboats and almost called. I felt a little bad about it.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I had a hand tonight where i 3 barreled AQo and get to the river, where Bryan thinks for awhile and folds. I debate whether i should show or not, but decide its best to share with the world how i played my hand. I show my hand and Bryan slams the [censored] table and tilts like crazy. Apparently he had good ole sailboats and almost called. I felt a little bad about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Who is Bryan
2. What was the board (I'm guessing the AQo was unimproved)
Closed Thread