Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2006, 12:17 PM

Default Re: V for Vendetta

[ QUOTE ]
just so you know I am def. going to see this. Also, moore's comic book probably sux compared to the movie

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhh, no
Old 03-10-2006, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
just so you know I am def. going to see this. Also, moore's comic book probably sux compared to the movie

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhh, no

[/ QUOTE ]

O, sorry then.I was just speculating.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a Guy Fawkes mask. I guess it's a british thing. Fawkes seems pretty cool though. He tried to blow up the parliament building a couple of centuries ago.

I highly recommend the comic book this movie is based on.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 03-10-2006, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhh, no

[/ QUOTE ]

O, sorry then. I was just speculating .

[/ QUOTE ]

lol!
Old 03-10-2006, 12:26 PM

The movie looks good. I never read the comic and didn't really know it was based on one till this thread happened. I thought the mask sucked, but I guess that has to do with the comic. I generally thought it was a stylized cross between 1984 and Batman - which should look good on the big screen. Oh and Portman is excellent in every flick she is in - and she chooses pretty good scripts/projects to associate herself with - I don't expect this one to be any different.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The movie looks good. I never read the comic and didn't really know it was based on one till this thread happened. I thought the mask sucked, but I guess that has to do with the comic. I generally thought it was a stylized cross between 1984 and Batman - which should look good on the big screen. Oh and Portman is excellent in every flick she is in - and she chooses pretty good scripts/projects to associate herself with - I don't expect this one to be any different.

[/ QUOTE ]

The mask is actually, really, really cool in the comic. The guy is totally insane and it works really well (kind of Joker-esque).
Old 03-10-2006, 12:29 PM

Yeah Alan Moore will hate any adaptation of his work that he doesn't have control of. He hates what these comicbook based movies are doing to the comics industry. Instead of having comic shops carrying good stories, they're filled with X-crap, Batcrap, Spidercrap, Fagtastic [censored] crap...

Watchmen was being made into a movie(and from what I saw of the script, it looked very bad) up until last year when Paramount was bought out and the project was scrapped.

As diebitter alluded to, Terry Gilliam actually wanted to do the Watchmen story justice with a nine hour film or miniseries. I think it'd do great as an HBO miniseries.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Terry Gilliam actually wanted to do the Watchmen story justice with a nine hour film or miniseries. I think it'd do great as an HBO miniseries.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just creamed my pants
Old 03-10-2006, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The mask is actually, really, really cool in the comic. The guy is totally insane and it works really well (kind of Joker-esque).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but this is a movie and and it looks [censored] stupid in the previews. I'm still going to see it anyway, but i wish i could see a version of it without that damn mask.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh and Portman is excellent in every flick she is in

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa

I don't remember how she was in The Professional, I thought she was decent to good in Garden State, and I thought she was spectacularly bad in the Star Warses.