Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 09:28 PM

Default Re: Womens event #17

[ QUOTE ]
Cydnie Joy Eliminated in 21st Place ($7,256)
Cydnie Joy raised pre-flop and was called by Vanessa Selbst. The flop was 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] . Joy moved all in and Vanessa Selbst called. Joy flipped over K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] while Selbst showed 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for trips. Joy's hand did not improve and she headed to the rail in 21st place.

"She raised three hands in a row," explained Selbst on why she called with a junk hand. "I had to make a stand. I wasn't going to let her push me around."

Selbst is the chipleader with over 500K.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-11-2007, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTFFFFF????

[ QUOTE ]
Mary Jones and Jennifer Shahade Eliminated on Same Hand
Frauke Ritter Von Sporschill raised 30K from the cut off. Mary Jones moved all in. From the big blind, Jennifer Shahade called off the last of her chips for 48K. Frauke Ritter Von Sporschill called then stormed away from the table.

Jennifer Shahade: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Mary Jones: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Frauke Ritter Von Sporschill: J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Since Frauke was not at the table, the dealer had to turn over her hand. The flop was K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] . The turn was the Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and the river was the J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] . Fruake rivered trips to bust both players.

Last year's Ladies Champion Mary Jones was eliminated in 16th place. She got a nice applause from the players on the rail and the remaining players. Jennifer Shahade finished in 17th place. They both won $8,426.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They got the details of this hand wrong by a decent amount of course. I dunno if its a good call or not, but Jenn had 40k before posting, so 34k after. Cutoff raised to only 25k Im pretty sure. SB went allin for about 130-150k and the CO had her covered or almost covered.

Jenn called and said that she did it because she felt she was going to get a big overlay from the pot, as the original raiser was reasonably likely to fold, thus as long as she's not facing AA it's not end of world. Also Frauke was at the table, I have no freaking clue what that meant.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like Selbst is owning this tourney

[/ QUOTE ]

did anyone expect anything less?

[/ QUOTE ]

She's just lucky Annie doesn't play women's events.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those who are clueless will remain clueless even if acted upon by an outside force...
Old 06-11-2007, 11:42 PM

gogogogoo vanessa
Old 06-11-2007, 11:53 PM

The final table for tomorrow, also to be webcast at www.worldseriesofpoker.com (from Pokernews):

Seat 1: Vanessa Selbst - 354K
Seat 2: Katja Thater - 340K
Seat 3: Mindy Trinidad - 444K
Seat 4: Kathy Gliva - 147K
Seat 5: Anne Heft - 277K
Seat 6: Sally Boyer - 326K
Seat 7: Julie Dang - 48K
Seat 8: Frauke Ritter Von Sporschill - 523K
Seat 9: Randi Calabro - 110K
Old 06-11-2007, 11:53 PM

Duck, Duck, Bracelet Duck!
Old 06-12-2007, 12:06 AM

Anyone know what time the final table is? Duck is my hommie, gotta cheer her on!
Old 06-12-2007, 12:09 AM

2pm PT tomorrow, however since it's scheduled to be streaming video, they'll be sequestering the players.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2pm PT tomorrow, however since it's scheduled to be streaming video, they'll be sequestering the players.

[/ QUOTE ]

so it cannot be watched live? Its behind that dumb curtain thing? Thats horrible!
Old 06-12-2007, 12:26 AM

I think they're also showing it at the Rio Poker room, I'd assume that'd be the only way to watch it live there. Maybe if enough of the women get together, they'll get it out in the open.