Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 11:23 AM

Default Re: PSA for winning players

Sorry OP, you're going to have to tough it out, no one's giving you any protection from competition. You're just going to have to deal with the fact that there are newer players behind you making efforts to improve.

This is like hiding your gf away so other guys don't see her and try to mack on her. LOL, man up already. This is really one of the weakest threads I've ever read.

"Please guys, don't share any information with others that you shared with me, please I need to make money." Good lord, grow up a little bit you selfish sissy.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:45 AM

I agree with op but would never start a thread about it =)
Old 10-09-2007, 11:59 AM

I find it outrageous that any1 could suggest that top players should be keeping what they learn to themselves and preventing players of lesser calibre learning from them....

If we applied this to all facets of life then surely the human race would stagnate...

Top pros write books to share what they have learned, top online players post here and we appreciate it greatly. teachers impart knowledge and experience to younger generations in order to hasten their advancement so that we, as a collective, can strive to avoid repeating the mistakes of others.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:02 PM

swainy

There's at least 1 top pro whose books read like he wants to create a field of weak-tight idiots. I really think it's deliberate.

I hasten to add he's not published by 2+2, nor do I intend to name names.

There's others out there that I think aren't intentionally bad, but they are old-school and entirely unsuited for advising people in today's games.

Luckily the 2+2 books covering NL and Limit, along with Harrington's tourney books, are definitely knowledge builders.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:10 PM

people who write books are compensated for it.posters who owe very little to the forum or atleast very few posters will not be compesated for their knowledge.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There's others out there that I think aren't intentionally bad, but they are old-school and entirely unsuited for advising people in today's games.

[/ QUOTE ]

very true, but i was making reference to teaching as a principle and necessary function, rather than the quality of the content itself.