Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 08:46 AM

Default Re: Gamblin 911 article.

A new story about the story: http://www.gambling911.com/iMEGA-Int...ng-090107.html

" Brennan considered an article that appeared on the Gambling911.com website Tuesday as "dead on". Many in the online gambling community expressed concern over some details. The piece highlighted the need for operators and gamblers alike to support iMEGA's efforts more strongly.

"I do hope that it (that article) does wake up the more cynical and/or ambivalent parties in the industry to get behind this effort," Brennan commented Tuesday evening. "Right now, we're holding things together financially, but only just. We're hoping a positive result in September (a TRO, etc.) will encourage more parties to jump on the bandwagon." "
Old 08-01-2007, 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A new story about the story: http://www.gambling911.com/iMEGA-Int...ng-090107.html

" Brennan considered an article that appeared on the Gambling911.com website Tuesday as "dead on". Many in the online gambling community expressed concern over some details. The piece highlighted the need for operators and gamblers alike to support iMEGA's efforts more strongly.

"I do hope that it (that article) does wake up the more cynical and/or ambivalent parties in the industry to get behind this effort," Brennan commented Tuesday evening. "Right now, we're holding things together financially, but only just. We're hoping a positive result in September (a TRO, etc.) will encourage more parties to jump on the bandwagon." "

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny, because they don't seem to have even made a motion for a TRO in the court case. I speculate that with the regs not out yet, they can't really argue there's an emergency which would justify a TRO.

However, if the court does enter a preliminary injunction against the UIGEA in September, or whenever the decision gets issued, that would mean the statute couldn't be enforced for the duration of the court case. I don't know how to handicap those odds, but I'm not even sure how much it would help us since I doubt the banks and such would consider reentering the market until the constitutionality of the statute is firmly established one way or the other. A victory on the preliminary injunction motion would probably be more of a positive omen than anything.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:06 AM

Guys,

Chris used to work for me and he does likes attention and sensationalism when he writes. I had thought his articles were becoming more accurate but apparently, they aren't. There are many statements Chris made that aren't accurate, including who he claims is the current gaming director of Antigua, Ron Maginley, when in fact he was the FORMER one...

He hasn't been in power since 2004!!!

Also, lately, Chris has been in the "opposition" camp, taking cheap shots at the Antiguan government whenever he can.

I wish I knew the motives behind his fabrications but I don't....
Old 08-01-2007, 12:02 PM

This is nothing more than a scare tactic to get funds for IMega. It's transparent, irresponsible and the writer and the site should be called on the carpet for it.