Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt Sends me to Monte Carlo with nothing...

Yes, OP screwed up the plane reservations.
So he asks FT if there's anything they can do about it and they proceed to force this really ridiculous 'solution' on him without asking him first if this would be adequate.

Why on earth would FT assume that this guy can just EASILY come up with the $13k for his own buy-in. That's ridiculous.
He doesn't have the funds which is absolutely not his fault at all.
And he shouldn't have to be forced by FT's incompetence to try to scramble around to get the money via a loan or something.

"Sorry. We're not going to have any reps in Monte Carlo so we won't be able to help you at all. Have fun going through all sorts of crazy hassle trying to get entered in the tournament that you WON ON OUR SITE.
Good luck getting your entry. LOLOLOLZZZZ!!!11!!111!!11!1!!"
Old 03-28-2007, 05:52 PM

Where are FTP-Doug and the other FTP Posters?

Unreal that they do not have any support in MC.

ToT
Old 03-28-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow. I'm so freaking mad at FT over this one and it didn't even happen to me and I don't even play there

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't get this situation at all. It was the OP who screwed up his own plane reservations. Why is this FT's fault? And why are you so pissed at FT?

[/ QUOTE ]

OP messed up the plane tickets, but FT failed to buy him into the event as promised. They also failed to give him $$$ to buy into the event because they put it in his account where he can't access it until after the event. All is fine I suppose if OP could just keep the cash instead, but since he already bought plane tickets, he doesn't even get the full prize value.

This is first order ineptitude on FT's part. Second order on the OP for not booking a flight early enough.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:53 PM

I played ftp for 3 days and closed my accts, i was a regular at stars, prima, and empire, but ftp sucks hard, the support sucks, its a rock garden, and my cards were nearly mathmatically impossible.
cdl
Old 03-28-2007, 05:59 PM

that's nice. But your 'mathmatically impossible' cards have nothing to do with this situation and most 2+2'ers are not interested in your claims of the deal being messed up there.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why on earth would FT assume that this guy can just EASILY come up with the $13k for his own buy-in. That's ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not sure what world you live in MB, but I can walk out my front door and have $13k in my hand in, oh, 20 minutes or so. And I am by no means a wealthy individual.

How long would it take you to get $13k, right now? 4 hours? 6? 24?

I don't know OP's whole life story but, WTF? This guy played in six major events this year!

I think he's a whiner. Much ado about nothing....
Old 03-28-2007, 06:06 PM

I would expect FT to ask me first if this solution would be adequate.

FT has no idea if this guy has been running cold in the interim and doesn't have the $13k.

As for how long it would take me, ummmm, if this happened to be right now I would not be able to come up with the $13k at all without getting a loan from somebody.

So I'm not sure what world YOU live in that you think anybody and everybody can have $13k in their pocket right-away.

Regardless, he later TOLD them that this would be a hassle for him and he just wasn't able to do it.
Do you think he's lying?
And FT didn't care AT ALL when he informed them that he did not have $13k of his own money to buy into the event.

Hoping he's able to meet one of the FT pros over there or something and arrange to have his money transferred into their account in xchange for the entry.

Of course, in this situation, I think it's entirely appropriate for FT go out of their away to try arrange this for him through a guy like Lederer or Ivey or whoever.
The FT players don't have to do this of course.

but it would be nice if FT were trying ANYTHING at all to help correct their stupid mistake instead of just completely leaving him hanging and on his own.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not sure what world you live in MB, but I can walk out my front door and have $13k in my hand in, oh, 20 minutes or so. And I am by no means a wealthy individual.

I don't know OP's whole life story but, WTF? This guy played in six major events this year!

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever been out of the country to play donkaments? I've been playing the live tourney circuit the last 9ish months and it's a pain in the ass to get cash like that at the last minute. ESPECIALLY when you're in a foreign country, and have a US bank acct when you need euros. Multiple times I've had friends borrow tons of cash from me and I've done the same. When you're in a different state/country, it's impossible to get cash sometimes (unless you plan on spending tons of $$$ getting it). It looks like the only solution left is just to borrow cash from a friend that's playing the same tourney and pay them back somehow.

TO OP: sucks this happened to you mar, maybe we know someone in monte carlo that could float you the cash for a lil bit? if you need my help, gimme a call.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This post is completely retarded.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This post is completely retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]
ZB, Usher, MB, et al.,

Good Lord guys. It would seem that "retarded" must be in the eye of the beholder, because you guys are ridin' the short bus in my view.

Between the Discover, MasterCard, and Visa I have in my wallet at this moment, I can walk into any bank and get a $25,000 cash advance -- now.

If I take the time to draw up a personal financial statement, I can walk into my bank, and they will borrow me no less than 50% of my net worth with a simple signature.

If you're anywhere near (or above) the age of 25, and are anything more than a freaking street bum, $13k in 24 hours is a no-brainer.

I'm beginning to wonder who the posters actually are here on 2+2.