Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Ben Afleck

[ QUOTE ]
ben afleck=most overrated actor ever

[/ QUOTE ]

I've yet to meet anyone that thinks he is a good actor.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ben afleck=most overrated actor ever

[/ QUOTE ]

I've yet to meet anyone that thinks he is a good actor.

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously don't remember the touching yet poignant role in Armageddon. The heartbreaking "animal cracker" scene will always immortalize him as one of the most underrated actors of his generation.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:28 PM

i actually thought he was pretty good in Hollywoodland, but thats about it, and who can forget his fantastic portrayal of a 5th year senior that loves paddling freshman in Dazed and Confused?
Old 09-22-2007, 03:50 PM

"If you become an employee of this firm, you will make your first million within three years. Okay? I'm gonna repeat that. You will make a million dollars within three years of your first day of employment at J.T. Marlin. There is no question as to whether or not you'll become a millionaire working here. The only question is how many times over.

You think I'm joking? I am not joking. I am a millionaire. It's a weird thing to hear, right? I'll tell ya. It's a weird thing to say. I am a [censored] millionaire.

I am a [censored] millionaire. And guess how old I am. Twenty-seven. You know what that makes me here? A [censored] senior citizen. This firm is entirely comprised of people your age, not mine. Lucky for me, I'm very [censored] good at my job, or I'd be out of one. You gups are the new blood. You're gonna go home with the kessef. You are the future big swinging dicks of this firm.

Now, you all look money hungry, and that's good. Anybody tells you money is the root of all evil doesn't [censored] have any. They say money can't buy happiness? Look at the [censored] smile on my face. Ear to ear, baby.

You want details? Fine. I drive a Ferrari 355 Cabriolet. What's up? I have a ridiculous house in the South Fork. I have every toy you could possibly imagine. And best of all, kids, I am liquid.

So, now that you know what's possible. Let me tell you what's required. You are required to work your [censored] ass off at this firm. We want winners here, not pikers. A piker walks at the bell. A piker asks how much vacation time you get in the first year. Vacation time? People come and work at this firm for one reason: to become filthy rich. That's it. We're not here to make friends. We're not savin' the [censored] manatees here, guys. You want vacation time? Go teach third grade, public school.

The first three months at the firm are as a trainee. You make $150 a week. After you're done training, you take the Series Seven. You pass that, you become a junior broker and you're opening accounts for your team leader. You open 40 accounts, you start workin' for yourself. Sky's the limit. Word or two about being a trainee. Friends, parents, other brokers, whoever, they're gonna give you [censored] about it. It's true. $150 a week? Not a lot of money. Pay them no mind. You need to learn this business, and this is the time to do it. Once you pass the test, none of that's gonna matter. Your friends are [censored]. You tell them you made 25 grand last month, they're not gonna [censored] believe you. [censored] them! [censored] 'em! Parents don't like the life you lead? [censored] you, Mom and Dad.' See how it feels when you're makin' their [censored] Lexus payments. Now, go home and think about it. Think about whether or not this is really for you. If you decide it isn't, listen, it's nothing to be embarrassed about. It's not for everyone. Thanks. But if you really want this, you call me on Monday and we'll talk. Just don't waste my [censored] time."
Old 09-22-2007, 04:59 PM

Boiler Room? Nice..
Old 09-22-2007, 05:07 PM

The 2 scene's he appeared in that movie was better acting than anything else he has done.
Old 09-22-2007, 05:15 PM

Ben Afleck in Daised and Confused>>>>>>>>all his other movies
Old 09-22-2007, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember hearing last year that his name on Stars was/is CalStChump(or something like that) and on FTP it was/is GoldenGod. Both screen names disappeared about the same time that he got married.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true? GoldenGod has been multitabling 5/10 with me lately. Has standard tag stats.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:08 AM

Daised & Confused
Chasing Amy
Boiler Room
Hollywoodland

That's it. That's the list.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:23 AM

Boiler Room? I liked it better when it was called Glengarry Glen Ross. It amazes me that people think his Boiler Room monologue was good. This is a good monologue, with a similar tint. Another great monologue from same movie. Right before Pacino went downhill.

Affleck was good in Good Will Hunting, but I think thats only because he was playing himself (Boston kid that likes to talk [censored] and drink), and I heard he was quite good in Hollywood Land.